delfinis38

3 slat front grill

what do people have ? mines 3 slat but with one open vent ?? I guess for northern climate...

my old car had 3 open vents ? is it better ?

what do people have ? mines 3 slat but with one open vent ?? I guess for northern climate...

my old car had 3 open vents ? is it better ?

i to have heard & wondered about this

my VR is also 3 slat with one vent

i had thought about mod'ing it to open more vents but not sure it is worth the effort

When heritage had some stock they were 3 open vents... was wondering if I should buy a new one...

i think the open ones were designed for vehicles destined for warmer climates though i cant see it giving that much extra air flow surely

I have one of each, i use the one with closed slats as i like to think it lets less dirt into the engine bay :lol:

I wondered if the difference was anything to do with having aircon

I've tried both only real benefit is in the summer when temps will go down faster after being stuck in traffic. With mine being a daily I run the 3 slat open one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have both, I think it might come down to what the grill was made. The newer ones from the dealers seem to be all open.

Must put my FK one back on....

Mine was originally one slat but it's now open..... anything to keep temps down under there I'll do!!

I thought they were for winter or colder regions the ones with the filled in slat. I have one in the garage with the the filled in slats, which come of a Corrado from Scotland!

Mines a 95 with only one open slat. .. and air con !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Any difference in part number for one vent and three vent ? Heritage have some in stock now may have to ask about number of vents.

Just checked and my current VR has the open 3 slat grille. As far as I can recall its the first one of the 9 I have owned that haven't had the two sealed slats. My engine temperatures are generally so good that I don't even check them now. Maybe this is helping quite a bit. May purchase a closed grille for the winter running though..

There is only one open slat VR grille on eBay as far as I can see that isn't broken. It's new and costs £60..from VW Heritage!!

Mine was originally one slat but it's now open..... anything to keep temps down under there I'll do!!

Is this an easy mod to do? Presumably you just need a very sharp stanley knife........ or not?? Any tips please.......

You'll be at it for ages with a stanley knife and probably end up removing chunks of skin. Dremel it, took me 5 minutes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk