odub

Custom mapping

Can anyone point me in the right direction for mapping?

Once my 20vt is in the car and has been run in I will be looking for someone to put the car on the rollers and map it up. I've given AMD a call and was a bit surprised that they wouldn't due to it being an engine swap and was a definite no when I said the turbo was swapped as well.

I've sent the guys at R-Tech an email but they are a bit of trek for me especially on an unmapped car

Any recommendations are appreciated

cheers

I haven't spoken to Stealth yet. Jabbasport are recommending a stand alone ecu due to the engine spec

It looks like I should give Stealth a call tomorrow then. I'm not opposed to a stand alone but if I can save the best part of £1000 I'm all ears

I guess the other thing is that to run the engine in as its freshly rebuilt, I need a decent base map so not to destroy it. I'm not sure the agu ecu can do this

Engine specs are

Forged rods and Pistons with 82.5mm bore

Polished and ported head

Port matched manifolds

3" downpipe

K04 turbo

BAM injectors and fuel rail

3" MAF housing

Confused as to why Jabba are recommending standalone? you're heading for around 280BHP with a KO4 on a AGU with the other mods so nothing a stock ECU and a correctly rolling road map could handle - I've seen stock ECU's in 400bhp+ 18T's and indeed Jabba use to offer a 320bhp IHI conversion that used the stock ECU across the board of AGU, AUM, AUQ and ARZ etc engines.

Think I'd look at a KO4 Hybrid if I had the car in that many bits ;) easy 300 club that way.

Good to know, I may talk through it with them again once the motor is in the car.

I was fairly certain that the ecu could cope if not the easiest to map up. A friend of mine owns a mk4 Golf which is running about 400bhp on an AGU with oem management. That car was built a few years ago though (ex Vick N).

A K04 hybrid could be on the cards but i've a few things on the list before then such as LSD

don't tempt me, the spending needs to stop and I need to just get it running

don't tempt me, the spending needs to stop and I need to just get it running

I'm new to 1.8Ts, only having had the TT for a couple of months, so that was in my favourites as its a decent flowing manifold that is crack resistant according to the people in the know.

I'd still go OEM, you have enough tune-ability for what you need, reliability of knowing the ECU is run on thousands of cars and full easily accessible diagnostics for any problems

I'd then speak to Dan at Uber tuning, he used to do the mapping for AMD amongst others and is in Brandon so not to far

http://www.ubertuning.co.uk/

He did my Golf R and several mates R32's and 1.8Ts

I'd still go OEM, you have enough tune-ability for what you need, reliability of knowing the ECU is run on thousands of cars and full easily accessible diagnostics for any problems

I'd then speak to Dan at Uber tuning, he used to do the mapping for AMD amongst others and is in Brandon so not to far

http://www.ubertuning.co.uk/

He did my Golf R and several mates R32's and 1.8Ts

Thats what I was hoping for with the ecu but lots of reputable tuners I have spoken to wouldn't touch it. Do Uber Tuning have a rolling road?

Cant find you number so I've messaged you his mobile, probably best to speak to him yourself, I dont want to misslead.

Do the other tuners say why they wouldn't touch it ?

Thanks Graham.

The replies are from the likes of R tech and Amd that they won't touch engine swaps. Probably had too many make a mess of their rollers. Others don't have the equipment to tune the agu ecu

Ah, so they wont touch the car, I thought you meant the OEM ECU

I heard the likes of R-tech wont go near other peoples modified cars, they spend more time fixing the bodges before they get a chance to start tuning and most 1.8T swaps have faults caused by missing sensors and the other ECUs

Toyotech on CGTi, he's used to seeing these engine connected to the wrong cars

Toyotec has given some good advice and I'm waiting to hear back from him. I didn't realise that Garage Streamline has moved from London to Chelmsford which could work out very nicely

Guest sam1990rhodes

Im in the same boat as you, 20vt running a K03S, struggling to find somewhere to do a map, perhaps if you find somewhere theyll do a deal for the two of us?

I'll let you know what I find out, hopefully within the next month.

Where are you located?