elliott

Wanted: clean enthusiast owned vr6

Thought I might post a wanted advert here in the hope of finding the one thing everyone else is looking for, a clean honest car with a good history.

It's a long shot I know but it's been a hard thing to find. I'm maybe being too picky with what I've seen so far but I have a strong budget now so open to anything. Doesn't have to be a storm or have leather. Just a good non daily that isn't heavily modified with reasonable millage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Elliott

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Defintely need to find one on here. Dealers are being ridiculous with their pricing now. Not just the good stuff seems to be up for huge asking prices and sitting around for months. Usually with a crappy advert with little in the way of detail or photographs. I found my current car by posting a wanted advert on here. If a dealer was selling it I wouldn't have been able to afford to buy even though I had a healthy budget. Talked to a few dealers who weren't at all helpful. Chap I bought off from the forum couldn't have done more. It's a great resource this place. Maybe end of summer you may find quite a few looking to sell rather than have the winter off-road/maintenance thing

Edited by Billzeebub

Thanks, I get it's the wrong time of year and I'm more than willing to wait. Definitely holding out for one here, some of the stuff out there are horrific and with prices to match.

Edited by elliott

I'm now also looking at MK1 golfs but that's a bigger challenge. Has to be white without the usual cut in glass panel sunroof. I don't think such a thing exists?

That white car seems to tick all the originality boxes with original purchase receipt, FSH, original plates and stickers. Even the CCGB stickers. This can all be faked however, so the only way to really know is go kick the tyres and have a drive.

That white car seems to tick all the originality boxes with original purchase receipt, FSH, original plates and stickers. Even the CCGB stickers. This can all be faked however, so the only way to really know is go kick the tyres and have a drive.

Thanks again, don't know why but it gives me worry? Probably because it's a dealer and I'd be right to be suspicious of anything going through a middle man. I should probably ask over at the club GB. If it's had one owner that long it must be a known car to someone. Cheers again.

Edited by elliott

It's a bad interior for that money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not floating my boat to be honest. Not a lot of shiny satisfaction with polishing white cars.

Edited by elliott

You know in 5 years or more this will look like a bargain 😀

It is and I made some enquiries about it a while ago. The owner didn't want me to waste his time by going to have a look so I didn't bother looking. It's got some worrying rust issues.

The one owner VR6 on Gumtree is still available near Glasgow from memory

Defintely need to find one on here. Dealers are being ridiculous with their pricing now. Not just the good stuff seems to be up for huge asking prices and sitting around for months. Usually with a crappy advert with little in the way of detail or photographs. I found my current car by posting a wanted advert on here. If a dealer was selling it I wouldn't have been able to afford to buy even though I had a healthy budget. Talked to a few dealers who weren't at all helpful. Chap I bought off from the forum couldn't have done more.

Glad you like it Ben , I should have kept it but my family didn't fit in the rear anymore and said they disliked it, seen one the other day and now they say they miss it. Just cant win!

It is and I made some enquiries about it a while ago. The owner didn't want me to waste his time by going to have a look so I didn't bother looking. It's got some worrying rust issues.

God yeah that fuel cap is really bad.

What do you want for only £123k? How would you be wasting his time? Does he think someone is gonna ring up and say I'll buy it without having a look first? People like that wind me up. Saw some wheels on fleebay, sent a text just before the ad finished but got no reply so I guessed they must have sold them. 2 days later same ad comes up so sent another text and message through fleebay but no reply. Even tried to call number but no answer. Why go to the effort of advertising something you have no intention of selling. Unless it's some sort of scam. Maybe he has promised his wife he'll sell it so does an ad to show her then tells her he's had no interest. Lol.

Hahaha so true... I've seen a couple of rough cars now. I think anyone with a car that's been sitting about has seen the recent spike in prices and thought they'd cash in without any effort. I wish I was looking 6 months ago

Same thing with the leather interiors recently. One sold for £1300ish then with in days 2 more popped up.

Same thing with the leather interiors recently. One sold for £1300ish then with in days 2 more popped up.

Interesting... I've got a grey leather interior sitting here 🤔 £1299 and it's yours lol

Has anyone looked at this one? It's been around forever and it's not really got my attention. Dealer prices and plenty of pictures but not one of the important engine bay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112368794095

my mate owned it for a short time

my mate owned it for a short time

Really short time if it's a one owner upto Oct last year 😀