VR6appeal

Rear brake calipers; mix and don't match.

It appears at some point long ago my VR has been given an incorrect rear caliper. One has a flexi hose which is female at both ends and the other appears to be male to female.

I've had a look on Heritage and the female to female hose appears to be correct for the VR6 https://www.vwheritage.com/1h0611775-rear-brake-hose-for-corrado-vr6-models-abv-engine I have two of those which I was going to fit before I noticed the discrepancy.

All this is leading to the question, should I replace the imposter for a correct caliper and fit my two correct new hoses or do I go for the MKIV caliper upgrade which I think is pretty straightforward?

All suggestions, tips, part numbers and similar stories welcome.

Thanks.

That Hose looks like the rear beam flexi. The correct one should have a male end. The mk4 calipers have banjo fittings so sit horizontalally on the Caliper. Might be worth putting pics up of both of yours to see if we can identify which Caliper of yours is wrong mate

Thanks, I need to resize the pictures so I'll post them up a bit later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88031[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88034[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88037[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88040[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88043[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88046[/ATTACH]

Thanks for having a look.