jaybo

Front spoiler needed?

Hi guys. Where I've lowered my car, I oftern scrap the lower frotn spoiler. I was looking at the 70mm replacemetns from Spoon Fed but it's quite a lot of cash so woudl need to buy more bits to justify it :-)

Is the spoiler actually functional or purely asthetic? It might just be easier if I removed it maybe?

I second that, my C is lowered about 35-40mm and combined with the 90mm splitter looked awesome but scraped every time I took it off my driveway. I bought a new 50mm splitter (and air guides) from Heritage, which has made a big a difference with regards clearance. I've kept the 90mm for shows.

We are going to look into spoonfeds splitter at VW Heritage and try to stock it. I know both the chaps here with Corrados are looking to order one each and from what i hear the shipping is pretty pricey. We can only get the 50mm now currently

We are going to look into spoonfeds splitter at VW Heritage and try to stock it. I know both the chaps here with Corrados are looking to order one each and from what i hear the shipping is pretty pricey. We can only get the 50mm now currently

hi anna

i spoke to spoonfed about their carbon fibre wings a couple of months ago

the issue with shipping is that spoonfed will not ship to the uk - they said the service they use doesnt allow for it

the guy said that a UK person had previously used a freight forwarding company to purchase some

i researched into freight forwarding & there looked to be options available but it would be rather expensive. plus there would be an import duty on top of all of that

spoonfed's price for a pair of CF wings is very good but i found that once all the rest was added they were around the same price as a pair of wings from classic parts

however, spoonfed also do a fibre glass option which may give some potential for reducing costs

are you able to discuss wings with them?

i believe if the price was right they could be a hot cake item

Thanks for the input.

I have to ask - what woulod you be prepared to pay for a fibre glass wings set or a CF wing set?

It can be looked at when i do the splitters but my fear is that they would be too expensive and we wouldnt sell them. We use a freight forwader for out shipping so that part is the easy bit for us.

Thanks for the input.

I have to ask - what woulod you be prepared to pay for a fibre glass wings set or a CF wing set?

It can be looked at when i do the splitters but my fear is that they would be too expensive and we wouldnt sell them. We use a freight forwader for out shipping so that part is the easy bit for us.

pleasure anna, i always try to help

let me have a think on the prepared to pay part & check my old math

interesting that you already use freight forwarding services, i wonder if the wings worked out unfavourable to heritage to stock would you be prepared to assist with ad-hoc wings upon request

IIRC spoonfed make the wings to order so maybe some kind of mechanism could be figured out to help UK people get them

pleasure anna, i always try to help

let me have a think on the prepared to pay part & check my old math

interesting that you already use freight forwarding services, i wonder if the wings worked out unfavourable to heritage to stock would you be prepared to assist with ad-hoc wings upon request

IIRC spoonfed make the wings to order so maybe some kind of mechanism could be figured out to help UK people get them

we use them for all orders from the USA for sea and air shipments but the way they work with duties etc i dont think we could import for other people, they would have to come here which means going onto stock. Put some figures together of what you would be happy to pay and when i ask about the splitters i will ask the costs on them. We obviously have to make a certain amount here to cover the costs of getting it though the door and onto the shelf, shipping and storage.

Anna, have you considered stocking the spoiler mechatechnic supply? It's a 50mm spoiler and fits superb. They also supply the fixing plate. 99 euros for spoiler and 41 euros for fixing plate. The postage was a little step but still worked out way cheaper than the spoonfed spoiler. Just an option :-)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Anna, have you considered stocking the spoiler mechatechnic supply? It's a 50mm spoiler and fits superb. They also supply the fixing plate. 99 euros for spoiler and 41 euros for fixing plate. The postage was a little step but still worked out way cheaper than the spoonfed spoiler. Just an option :-)

From them being a classic parts dealer i am guessing you mean the genuine VW 50mm one. I cant see any other type on their site. We already stock this.

From them being a classic parts dealer i am guessing you mean the genuine VW 50mm one. I cant see any other type on their site. We already stock this.
Sorry didn't realise, did check your website before I purchased from them but must have missed it.

Sorry didn't realise, did check your website before I purchased from them but must have missed it.

Thats OK, we have had a year of struggles getting new parts onto the website since we switched to the new one so it may have been a nightmare to find/search at the time. Meca are like us, a classic parts dealer so anything they can get we can also

Hi Anna, Did you look into ordering the 70mm splitters from Spoonfed? Maybe a group buy for the forum to get the cost of shipping down?

On a side note, if there are orders going in to Spoonfed I'm looking to order one of their rear spoilers.

Have you considered becoming their uk distributor?

Edited by odub

On a side note, if there are orders going in to Spoonfed I'm looking to order one of their rear spoilers.

That’s a good idea !

Might be able to ship the c/f front wings

im after one of them too....

70mm front spoilers are about to go on order. We are ordering 10 in the irst batch to see how they go. Problem with the CF wings and other bits is that there is no margin for us in it, we have to make a certain margin on parts to cover cost of getting it here, staff to put away, building costs etc and its just not there in alot of these parts.

Hi Anna, do you know what the 70mm Spoilers will retail at please? Could we also put our names down to reserve one?

Thank you