Simon vr6

Door handle repair

Hi guys don't suppose anyone has the instructions for the door handle repair kit? Seem to have lost mine!!

Thanks Simon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's lots of how to's on the Internet, even some videos if you do a search. Or drop the lad who used to sell them on here (dave16v I think) a PM and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

In short you need to take of the door card to disconnect the wiring to the handle, then undo a single screw inside the door jamb (careful because some of them are reverse threaded) and the handle will lift out with the wire attached. To remove the old striker you need to either hammer or drill out the pin holding it in, then simply replace the striker with the new one and drive in the new pin with washer. Getting the old pin out is the trickiest part.

Hi, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Dave

A very big thanks to daves16v for his excellent kit and repair service! I sent him the handle and had it back fixed inside a week. My G60 is back on the road...:cool:

Steve