delfinis38

Tidy corrado for sale

Looks lovely and it should be!

Three niggles.

Exhaust doesn’t look stock, more Miltek than stock. My stock exhaust isn’t quite done at 104k!

Wheels? Not original Speedlines.

HT leads. Surely, if you’ve an original car to sell and they needed replacing you’d put stock black on there?

It’s still a lovely thing, just not as pure as a pure thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The alloys I believe are brands hatch rims which was an option in place of Speedline. Quite rare these days.. they don't look as good as Speedline, but would love a set as they are rare.

Yup I noticed the exhaust my origional exhaust was changed at 40k. Plus ht leads.. wondered why an m plate had 50mm chin spoiler, thought it was n plate.

Also clear side repeaters origionally they were amber.

Edited by delfinis38

Correct on the wheels, although the ad has them as speedlines. All in all a big ask for what is really only a bog standard VR - it hasn't got heated leather or any other extras. A bit of research and 150 quid spent on proper VAG mats, black HT leads and amber side indicators would make the car a lot more attractive to collectors.

I wonder why the exhaust was replaced? Mine was still nearly new after 16 years and 36k miles.

Edited by fendervg

It's a nice looking car but I wouldn't want to marry it. Which is what they seem to be aiming at with some of those pics.

My exhaust appear originals at circa 120k but it is a little tatty looking in places.

The alloys I believe are brands hatch rims which was an option in place of Speedline. Quite rare these days.. they don't look as good as Speedline, but would love a set as they are rare.

Yup I noticed the exhaust my origional exhaust was changed at 40k. Plus ht leads.. wondered why an m plate had 50mm chin spoiler, thought it was n plate.

Also clear side repeaters origionally they were amber.

Yep - spot on regarding the alloys. Uncommon option from VW. I've always rather liked them myself :) If you hanker after a set, they used to be (though not sure if they still are) available from VW Classic Parts for a not unreasonable amount of money!

As others have said though, it is strong money for what otherwise looks like a totally bog standard VR6. Worth it for bragging rights, if not much else.. I'd be terrified to put any miles on the thing!

Yep - spot on regarding the alloys. Uncommon option from VW. I've always rather liked them myself :) If you hanker after a set, they used to be (though not sure if they still are) available from VW Classic Parts for a not unreasonable amount of money!

As others have said though, it is strong money for what otherwise looks like a totally bog standard VR6. Worth it for bragging rights, if not much else.. I'd be terrified to put any miles on the thing!

Not seen them on classic part site for a while.

How's the BMW.

Not seen them on classic part site for a while.

How's the BMW.

A shed :) Still enjoying it, even though I still wish I'd got a petrol one.

That's not very far from me, in fact probably too close for comfort, I should stay away from Mansfield until it's sold, temptation might be too much and one classic green VR6 is enough for anyone!