akacheesy

Heater Blower Problem

So this morning, perfect timing as it's probably the first proper frost of the year the blower decides to stop working. First question is the thermal switch or regulator or whatever it's called (see pics) it looks like there should be another wire attached to it or is it just a redundant terminal? Second question is how on earth do you get the old blower motor out?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90371[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]90374[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]90377[/ATTACH]

Im not sure on the other wire part - when i have changed blower motors in the past i just swapped the thermal jobbie over to the new one

as for removing the motor itself - remove the passenger lower shelf, then the motor turns anti clockwise IIRC & drops down & out of the housing. there is small clip which you need to release as you turn it. from memory the clip is at the back on the right hand side

should be a 5 minute job & replacement blowers are about £40 from ebay

also, from memory the thermal fuse replacement is only needed if blower only works on 3 or 4

if it is not working at all then likely it is the blower

I've tried twisting it but it doesn't budge

it wont twist until you press the tab to release the clip at the back

dont force it as if it isnt budging then it isnt unclipped - it should come out easily once unclipped

Hmm, I have had a good look and can't see any clip

is the blower motor still in the housing which attaches to the air feed trunking?

the 2nd pic you posted looks odd

It does have a retro airconditioning system, maybe that's why it looks odd?

oh, errr, i would have thought the blower is the same though

ive found my guide with pics for this job but it is too large a file to attach

whats your email address & i will send it over

Was just going to say aircon! That is really hard to remove. I took the fan out a few years back to lube the bearings. Cant remember exactly how, but i think the motor mount plate extends towards the dash (RHS) and there is a screw around the back (ie facing the bulkhead). The motor comes out with the plastic mount plate. The wheel arch also gets in the way so you will have to manoeuvre it tilting the base of the motor towards the centre tunnel. Hope that makes sense.

Its really not an easy or enjoyable job - if you can avoid removing the motor i would definitely recommend it. Sorry its not much of a help.

right, now that makes sense. I can see that there is a allan key or similar right at the back, I need to remove that and then maybe the blower motor will come out

turns out it was just a crap connection on the switch, just had to bend the contact slightly and voila, blowers back thank fook :D

turns out it was just a crap connection on the switch, just had to bend the contact slightly and voila, blowers back thank fook :D

ha ha ha brilliant!! glad you got it sorted :)