Mystic Rado

Some ******* stole the badge off my Storm...

I despair of people, really I do. Three days ago some idiot kicked the wing mirror off my Mk 2 GTi, now someone's ripped the Storm badge off the back of my Corrado. I don't know what to say really. I'd like to be Buddhist and forgiving, but right now I'm just utterly ****ed off. Don't know if it's kids or someone who knows what it is and has stolen it to sell it. Don't care really, the end result is the same. FFS.

There's one on eBay for £100. I won't be buying it any time soon.

Sigh.

I despair of people, really I do. Three days ago some idiot kicked the wing mirror off my Mk 2 GTi, now someone's ripped the Storm badge off the back of my Corrado. I don't know what to say really. I'd like to be Buddhist and forgiving, but right now I'm just utterly ****ed off. Don't know if it's kids or someone who knows what it is and has stolen it to sell it. Don't care really, the end result is the same. FFS.

There's one on eBay for £100. I won't be buying it any time soon.

Sigh.

Oh mate I feel for.....some people just need a good slap.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Oh mate I feel for.....some people just need a good slap.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would it help to keep a dash cam running in your car when not in it ?

I would find it strange for some kid to just nik it without knowing the rareity of them ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Would it help to keep a dash cam running in your car when not in it ?

I would find it strange for some kid to just nik it without knowing the rareity of them ?

Yeah, I hear you. I kind of think it was someone who knew what it was worth, which in turn means it's likely someone who's into veedubs or at least cars, which is depressing in itself. I guess we could stick a digi cam on the side of the house, but then you mostly just end up with grainy footage of someone with a hoody pulled down over their face.

I am trying to be philosophical on the basis that getting wound up doesn't really help, but it's annoying. At the the end of the day it is simply a 23-year-old plastic badge and I have a Trimsport replica sat around if I do want to replace it, which seems kind of pointless.

Yeah, I hear you. I kind of think it was someone who knew what it was worth, which in turn means it's likely someone who's into veedubs or at least cars, which is depressing in itself. I guess we could stick a digi cam on the side of the house, but then you mostly just end up with grainy footage of someone with a hoody pulled down over their face.

I am trying to be philosophical on the basis that getting wound up doesn't really help, but it's annoying. At the the end of the day it is simply a 23-year-old plastic badge and I have a Trimsport replica sat around if I do want to replace it, which seems kind of pointless.

I have a car port with a camera outside the house and inside the car port.

Its still a deterent at the end of the day

Best leave the badge until someone stops eying up your valuable parts ?

Scumbags! hope they got the badge off clean in some respects... sometimes its the damage they do getting it off that is the PITA!

When I bough my car someone had tried to pull the red VR6 off the back... it had snapped and left an R6 and a big gauge in the paint :(

so sorry to here this.... keep an eye out on ebay someone selling in your area.

hope they had clean teeth (floss) or liked fishing (fishing line) and managed to saw it off with either of these without doing anymore damage to your car...

what is the world coming too....

Thanks for the sympathy, it's appreciated. The paint looks undamaged where it's been pulled off, just some leftover adhesive I think, so that's a positive anyway. And yep, I won't be replacing the badge any time soon. And yes, I've set up an eBay search, though how you'd ever prove ownership, gawd only knows

I just spent 20 minutes sticking a new wing mirror on the Mk2, fortunately they're only 30 quid from Eurocarparts, so not the end of the world and going to look into sticking a solid gate on the front of the house and maybe a motion-activated cam looking over the car.

People...

*******s :( Keep your eye out for a Corsa Type-R Storm Quattro R-Line Turbo RS out around near you soon!

Install a PIR light that comes on when motion is detected, and even a fake camera with a little LED light on it would make these chav's think twice, I'd love to catch them in the act, torture, maim, endless ideas..!

Sad but true. I took all the VR6 badges off mine the moment i got it. I probably can't remember where they go any more..

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Just spoken to the police, They suggest CCTV, so we're going to look into it. I try not to want to inflict violence on people, even the sort of scrotes who do stuff like this. It just irks me that people seem to have so little respect for others' property.

Hmmmph...

The little sod should be strung up by the cohones..... and then beaten to within an inch of his life.

I hear you. I'm leaving it up to karma though. Apart from the minor drawback of not having the faintest idea who it was, summary revenge has a tendency to end badly. And being furious and vengeful doesn't do a lot for your blood pressure or your general state of mind.

More practically I popped the VR6 badge off the grille so I don't have to worry about someone half-inching that. And ordered a new Storm badge from Trimsport. On the plus side, it'll look smarter than the slightly tired original badge. If ever dare to put it back that is...

I hear you. I'm leaving it up to karma though. Apart from the minor drawback of not having the faintest idea who it was, summary revenge has a tendency to end badly. And being furious and vengeful doesn't do a lot for your blood pressure or your general state of mind.

More practically I popped the VR6 badge off the grille so I don't have to worry about someone half-inching that. And ordered a new Storm badge from Trimsport. On the plus side, it'll look smarter than the slightly tired original badge. If ever dare to put it back that is...

I like your thinking there bud, it will look great with a new badge on there. ✌️

I like your thinking there bud, it will look great with a new badge on there. ✌️

Yeah, once we've got high security gates on the drive, razor wire and a couple of motion-activated machine gun nests that is...

Guess I'll just clean off the glue residue for now and go stealth for a few months :-/

Yeah, once we've got high security gates on the drive, razor wire and a couple of motion-activated machine gun nests that is...

Guess I'll just clean off the glue residue for now and go stealth for a few months :-/

High security gates with ram protection I hope

I think the way to proceed with a Storm is to remove the badges yourself and keep them with the spares nice and safe. Really shouldn't have to but they are now rare and valuable. People have always nicked rare badges off cars. It used to be the VW roundel/16v badges off the front/rear of GTi Golfs.

I think the way to proceed with a Storm is to remove the badges yourself and keep them with the spares nice and safe. Really shouldn't have to but they are now rare and valuable. People have always nicked rare badges off cars. It used to be the VW roundel/16v badges off the front/rear of GTi Golfs.

I blame the Beastie Boys....

For those too young to remember: http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/beastie/vw.html

Edited by Mystic Rado
becos I kant spell