brokencorrado

Looking for a new LH slot seal

Hello all,

I’m looking for a new left hand slot seal, if anyone has one and is willing to ship to the states I’m PayPal ready!

-Andrew

Picture of the car that needs it below.

[ATTACH]92884[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

Left hand slot seal as in the LH side window scraper strip that is fitted along the top of the door?

I may have one but it's the age old problem of trying to get the fukkers off without bending them..

Left hand meaning driver's side seal?

Postage to the u.s.a no problem.

Edited by VEEDUBBED

Hi mate,

Left hand slot seal as in the LH side window scraper strip that is fitted along the top of the door?

I may have one but it's the age old problem of trying to get the fukkers off without bending them..

Left hand meaning driver's side seal?

Postage to the u.s.a no problem.

Would you mind posting pictures of the condition? Thanks

Nice one - thanks for link

I am still looking for one of these.

New or great condition, I am preparing for a respray.

I watched this on YouTube then dived in, it worked a treat!

Good post. I did something similar some years back but started lifting it in the middle to reduce the risk of bending the metal strip. I then separated it from the door by feeding a soft plastic tube under the seal and the door frame and sliding it to each side.

It's about time that classic parts started reproducing these, long overdue now, everyone is waiting to paint!

It's about time that classic parts started reproducing these, long overdue now, everyone is waiting to paint!

Agreed. But somehow I get the feeling that Classic Parts are more in the business of selling off NOS that they get back from dealers and warehouses rather than make new parts. There a a number of essential and safety critical components that are long NLA with no sign of them appearing again.

They have remade the roof gutters and some small bits and bobs.

I know it's a big ask for limited numbers and in many cases the moulds and tooling are gone, but we should at least have everything needed for a respray, all lights, front end crash repair and brake/clutch masters available.

/endrant

I’m still on the hunt.

If someone has a new spare, or a used piece in great condition, I am ready to PayPal.

I thought about actually cutting off the top part of the spare door in order to safely remove the all important weather strip.. I'll give it a go and see if I can get the bugger off without bending it, it's in A1 condition.