KARMANN

Lost 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reverse in VR6

Tonight driving home, I was accelerating onto the motorway fairly hard and something decided to fall apart in third. Once I pulled back off the motorway I then discovered no 1st 2nd 3rd or reverse. The gear stick won’t even go into reverse 1st or 2nd. It will go into 3rd but nothing seems to be there.

Any ideas as to what went pop?

Regards Fraser

Have a look at the cables that attach to the shifter mechanism on the gearbox, one could have come loose.

Also, there is a circlip under the gear gator that is a potential culprit if it works itself loose.

This looks like it might help

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?49260-No-first-gear-And-reverse-difficult-to-select-Fixed-)&highlight=Gearstick+circlip

Had a look at the cables and they all look fine. Unfortunately there are also noises now from the gearbox so i think something inside has gone. There’s a fair chance ill remove the gearbox myself which I’m not looking forward to then send it away.

Fraser

Let's hope the company who get the job of rebuilding the 'box knows what the hell it's doing..

If you need any internal components such as complete geartrains, ring and pinions, selector assemblys etc let me know mate.