VRTurbo

Porsche seats...

Looking to get some porsche seats.

There's quite a few going on ebay, and also a used porsche parts website.

Has anyone got any experience with this mod?

Is it easy enough to use original subframe from original seats?

Or would I need to buy a new frame?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I like the sound of this idea.

Any tips guys.

Anyone done this mod.

I like the Boxster seats.

Tombstones look a bit dated now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch this space :)

About to fit some to my VR, seats wise depends on your budget really? if you want wing back, fully electric....I just wanted some reasonably priced replacements for my front black leather seats, and picked up a pair of excellent black leather electric tombstones for £150

Edited by blue95

Watch this space :)

About to fit some to my VR, seats wise depends on your budget really? if you want wing back, fully electric....I just wanted some reasonably priced replacements for my front black leather seats, and picked up a pair of excellent black leather electric tombstones for £150

Awesome!!!

I want some with good support and some comfort adjustment for those long journeys and weekends using the Corrado when its low to the ground and driven hard.

Im just a bit concerned about getting them fitted and the seat frames etc...

Can you Upload some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally trial fitted one seat to the charged VR, I ended up buying frames as I could not justify buying a set of Corrado seats just to mod. I'll get some detailed pics up asap, I just need to make some adjustments. In the meantime enjoy the pics.

Edited by blue95

They look epic - as though they were meant to be!

How do they sit height wise compared to the originals and where did you get the base from?

Cheers,

Matt

Height wise bang on, im 6ft and there's plenty of head room. on the highest setting they almost touch the roof though. Very comfy seem a lot more compact than the original seats. More pics t follow in a few days, just waiting on wiring to turn up before i fit and finish up the write up.

frames wise https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jamithompso-77/m.html?item=112903724951&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Edited by blue95

Nice one. I'm 5 10 so all good for me.

Look forward to seeing the finished product. Great price considering what a set of Recaro's or decent standard leather front seats go for.

Any questions please shout...total cost for seats, base plates, wiring, bolts approx £330

OK unable to upload the pdf, its only 1.58MB so not sure why its blocked..i'll try and copy it across, in the meantime pm if you need a copy.

Edited by blue95

1. The seats are out of a Porsche Carrera (allegedly).

2. The base of the seats, the bits I had to modify highlighted in red:

3. Some seats runners are flat, not these ones…I had to flatten this tab on the top of the seat runner, its not quite flat but I have t o add a 5mm spacer anyway.

4. The bottom of the runner had a stud which had to be drilled out. Also on order to fit the runner onto the base plate I had to use a hole higher up on the runner, this was drilled out using a 13mm drill bit.

5. Behind the old lower mounting there was a reinforcing plate and stop for the runner, this was removed and shortened, then reused behind the new hole higher up the runner.

6. Luckily the power seats only have a positive and negative, so I extended these as they were far too short.

7. I also added a loom to the car, ready to plug into the Porsche seats: Wiring, connectors and plugs purchased from http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/

8. The seat base was purchased from eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jamithompso-77/m.html?item=112903724951&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562. I had to remove the powder coat from the areas highlighted in red:

9. Base mounted to seat, I used M10x30 bolts (high tensile steel), along with matching washers and nyloc nuts.

Then fit to car as per normal seats, I found it easier to unbolt the rectangular sections off the base plate, fit them into the car first then bolt the base plate to them.

Edited by blue95

great details there and as above, they really suit the car. Good attention to detail! I just need to keep an eye out for some cream leather ones..

Think there all the same to be honest, there just listed as different items but will fit Mk1 or mk2s.

Great write up,

The seat bases you got from eBay,were they Mk1 or Mk2 bases ?

OK quick update....had the seats in for about a week now, they are still comfy :), compared to my other Corrado, they defo sot higher than std seats, approx 1-2 inches, still work fine for me though

Amazing! They look fantastic and for the price, why wait for the factory Recaros?

Ill be adding this to the top of my to do list.