voo51

Door handle not broken but door won't open

Hi guys, I've not posted in a while due to having two children but I'm hoping someone might be able to help....

Today, after 6 years on and off of trying to fit my passenger door pin and central locking rod to the damn lock connector I finally succeeded. However, after putting my door card back together my outside handle will not open The door. The inside one works thankfully but not the outside.

I have took the lock off the side of the door and I can see the rods are all still attatched to the handle and they both go up and down when I lock and open the handle when the latch is not connected.

The latch/ lick mechanism works fine when I press it with my fingers so I'm a bit stumped.

Any suggestions?!

I've took the handle out its all intact. The central locking cable had got caught somewhere so straightened that out but it still won't work. Gggrrrr

Sometimes what can happen is that while not broken, the striker part of the handle won't reach far enough to make contact with the metal plate/tab it's supposed to push to release the lock. This happened to me and I was able to fix it by putting a plastic cap on the end of the striker to make it a bit longer. Or you could try repositioning or bending the lock plate a little.

They really were a piece of crap these things were.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.