Sign in to follow this  
david_h

How to style a Corrado properly...

I really don't get this whole thing about sticking the fattest widest rims on your Corrado you can squeeze on... it screws the handling up something chronic and increases wear rates on the wheel bearings massively... :| Why buy one of the worlds best handling cars and then screw up the handling by dropping it so low you can't actually drive it anywhere and putting wheels on it which make it difficult to drive anywhere and handle badly?!? :roll:

That grey one is definately an exercise in form over function... no wipers, no side repeaters, no mirrors and no clearance over the wheels to allow you to turn the car... :roll:

Love some of the ideas, and they both look stunning, but I prefer cars which are acutally useable.... :roll:

I really don't get this whole thing about sticking the fattest widest rims on your Corrado you can squeeze on... it screws the handling up something chronic and increases wear rates on the wheel bearings massively... :| Why buy one of the worlds best handling cars and then screw up the handling by dropping it so low you can't actually drive it anywhere and putting wheels on it which make it difficult to drive anywhere and handle badly?!? :roll:

My sentiments exactly. The red one is dull. Once youv'e seen one ground scraping Euro C on ridiculous wheels, you've seen em all. I wouldn't even give it a second glance at a show. Which was the case at Inters this year, just so much garbage masquerading as Corrados.

The grey one on the other hand would get much more of my attention at a show.

It does look nice BUT how the hell could you actually enjoy driving a car that low (the first red one ) !!!!!!!

Looks like a filling shaker back braker too me :twisted:

The only way to "properly" style a Corrado is to lower it very slightly and fit BBS RCs....

middlefingers.gif

Paintwork on the red C is good but I do like that silver/grey C a lot - shame about the wheels tho...

tell me if im wrong but Im assuming people that show their corrados on the continent set the tent up the night before then spend time lowering the coilovers for the following day's show whilst sipping on a cpl of cold beers? Cant imagine they actually drive round at that height, I think they look great 4 shows.......driving at that height would be another matter though.

I think its all a matter of personal taste and trade off's....for instance Henny has traded looks for performance by going for the RS bumper which in turn allows fitment of an upgraded performance intercooler....

The only way to "properly" style a Corrado is to lower it very slightly and fit BBS RCs....

middlefingers.gif

Paintwork on the red C is good but I do like that silver/grey C a lot - shame about the wheels tho...

In your opinion maybe. You're right in that Corrado's look pants standard imho, the stock suspension is way too high, and the little 15" wheels look totally lost in the massive arches.

The whole point of me posting the red corrado is in the title of the post i.e. how to STYLE a corrado. This is not about driveability etc., it's about looks, and if you think that you wouldn't give this car a second glance at a show, then you must be blind. It would whip all but 2 other UK corrado's in shows.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh btw, both the cars are westside vw cars. You should know we prefer form over function :)

it's all good

'In your opinion maybe. You're right in that Corrado's look pants standard imho, the stock suspension is way too high, and the little 15" wheels look totally lost in the massive arches. '

David H............steady you have just sold me some 15" wheels for my Corrado today........ LOL

How to style a Corrado properly...

The title suggest the corrado is styled wrong !!!

Maybe a disclaimer saying 'IMHO' under all posts in this thread would be good :wink:

I think its all a matter of personal taste and trade off's....for instance Henny has traded looks for performance by going for the RS bumper which in turn allows fitment of an upgraded performance intercooler....

After this weekend's arsing around to get it on the rollers, tha bumper's getting sold and an original one's going back on! ;) :D 8)

I'm a big fan of Sacha's car (grey one). That engine bay is stunning and it takes time as well as money to achieve. I'm a stickler for engine bays.

Bodywise is nicely understated, good choice of colour and trim. I rate it above andre's car if were just talking styling and not taking that mega power plant into consideration. My favourite C was DarkStar, not seen it for awhile.

There is no "right" way to style a Corrado. People style them the way they like them and sometimes they are popular cars sometimes they are not. Also different people appreciate different aspects, engines, interiors, wheels, suspension etc.. So you can never please everyone, the important thing is to keep the scene alive, if we all drove round in bog standard Corrados, or all styled exactly the same then how dull would that be.....

Oh and by the way "It would whip all but 2 other UK corrado's in shows. both the cars are westside vw cars. " I don't think you are looking hard enough mate!!

2p Kerplink!

Jay

ive got to agree with James that every one has there own ways of styling their car if its body, interior ICE or engine

but as for the "this is how to style a corrado" and then seeing that red thing im not sure

Come on every one has a go at the UK for not being different and the only thing happing mainly to corrado is europe is how low can i get it how wide is my wheels and how much can i flare my arches

Ok there still is the few that look sweet ones that come out each year but im getting bored of the euro look of just slam and wide cant anyone over there think of anything new if they are meant to be the leaders in VW styling???

Im not saying my car is any better but i still yet to see any other corrado that looks like mine or has the same mods and yes it does look different hence why i did it :D

As for the bonnet vents my mate with the RS turbo is looking for something different for his car so ill pass the pic over to him.

my 2p's worth

there are only 2 other corrado's in the UK that come close to this car for styling.

Geee thanks, but mine is still needing few things to finish her off. :lol:

Whos is the other one then?

Cheers Fraser

that is very very nice looking car,

the best red corrado i ve seen, not keen on the vents, and i would probably lose the side strips but the rest is a work of art

Exactly my thoughts

There is no "right" way to style a Corrado. People style them the way they like them and sometimes they are popular cars sometimes they are not. Also different people appreciate different aspects, engines, interiors, wheels, suspension etc.. So you can never please everyone, the important thing is to keep the scene alive, if we all drove round in bog standard Corrados, or all styled exactly the same then how dull would that be.....

Oh and by the way "It would whip all but 2 other UK corrado's in shows. both the cars are westside vw cars. " I don't think you are looking hard enough mate!!

2p Kerplink!

Jay

True there is no "right" way to style a corrado, but a lot of people get it very wrong, it's a diffcult car to modify to look good, unlike a Mk2 golf which is a pretty good looking base car to start with.

You have to see the European cars in person, attention to detail is amazing. Even Sukh's engine bay is a disgrace in comparison to this thing. Kris has owned the red corrado for 12 years which is a long time to clean/polish and perfect it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you the young chap with porsche twisters on the rado that was featured in PVW? Nice car, in fact very nice car.

2p nearly spent (but not quite) :D

True there is no "right" way to style a corrado, but a lot of people get it very wrong, it's a diffcult car to modify to look good, unlike a Mk2 golf which is a pretty good looking base car to start with.

In fact its because the Corrado is such a good looking and successful car to start with that attempts at modifying can easily result in a car which doesn't work as well as the 'Original' product. I'm all for each to their own but the reason there are so many apparent purist leave it alone type opinions expressed is that it works well in standard guise.

A little personalisation never hurt anyone though :lol: