Dazz_G60_Wales

G60 running issue

After some advice for my G60.

I have been getting surging at high revs and now and again at lower revs,the car idles fine at around 900 but drops a little now and again but think that`s when the fan comes in she pulls off smoothly and drives ok apart from this surging.

I have a Neuspeed road race cam an anti lag chip and a 72mm pully is this a fueling or vacuum issue,would the standard fpr be ok with this setup or would it need a 3.5.Any ideas would be helpful thanks.

its been a bit dead here since tapatalk stopped working i think.

has the car been running ok before with the modifications you have done?

ive had similar issues you describe and has been different things

1. microswitch on throttlebody loose

2.faulty ISV

3.faulty FPR

worth checking idle screw o ring too

Deffo a Welsh thing:dance:

Only kidding. .. I constantly used tapatalk so don't find it easy to use my phone on this forum.

Sorry I can't help as mine is a VR that is in pieces, but I couldn't resist a reply to you bring Welsh.

Cressa

Cheers Stu

Also after much reading one thing I have not checked is the CO Pot the car may be running lean so will check that tonight.

As for you Cressa you are a stupid English Kniggit LoL

CO pot should be set around 500 ohms as a base. Any other adjustments would need to done with a gas analyser in order to get it spot on.

Blue temp sensor is usually a go-to on G60's - swapping the plug onto the black sensor to see if there is an improvement can be a quick and easy test [not a long-term solution though obviously as the sensors are slightly different].

I'd be checking and cleaning the throttle body too, as Stu says, there could be an issue with the idle switch / WOT switch or a vac leak.

This has the hallmarks of a fueling problem.. Have you had this problem since owning the car ?

If so I would verify that Neuspeed "road race cam" is what you say or have been led to believe, also your anti lag chip which could possibly be a SNS one, and most of them sold were coded for use with a 68mm pulley which is more than likey that your cam should be running on.

But if it is a recent problem then I would start with a new fuel filter if all the basic sensor checks have been done.

Cheers Bud

It is a new problem that has steadily got worse.

I am going to change the fuel pump on Sunday as I think this is the issue. It has the original pierburg in it since new and the car has 150.000 miles on it since new and they recommend changing after 100,000 so think its best to try that as it was hesitating slightly even before the cam went in.

Cheers Bud

It is a new problem that has steadily got worse.

I am going to change the fuel pump on Sunday as I think this is the issue. It has the original pierburg in it since new and the car has 150.000 miles on it since new and they recommend changing after 100,000 so think its best to try that as it was hesitating slightly even before the cam went in.

A problem that's got steadily worse... then check your wiring and battery health before spunking your money on too many replacement parts like injectors, FPR, and pump, Check your battery voltage at high revs against the alternator voltage, if its lower then its not just the injectors but the fuel pump and ECU may have had a significant voltage drop too, (also check for poor wiring and connectors for the pump too) Correct voltage in this area directly relates to the amount of fuel that is delivered from the injectors at not only high revs, the Digifant system is very sensitive to a voltage drop, a reading of 12v and below at high revs are nowhere near an ideal 13.8v readings that are needed for optimum fueling requirements.

A clogged fuel filter can starve your G60 at high revs too.