Jim Bowen

VR6 Camshafts Autotech, Piper

Was looking at buying some schimmels 263's from US, But by the time i add a few other bits, Their water pump and oil filter housing i'm quickly up to over £1k, plus probably have to wait a while.

I notice VW heritage sell these autotech cams (recommends better valve springs, which the schimmels don't)

https://www.vwheritage.com/wc109at10109460k-autotech-262-hydraulic-camshaft-vr6-vw-spare

Or there are Piper Cams (quite pricey)

https://oemandmore.co.uk/camshaft--kits-by-piper-cams-28-vr6-fast-road-5325-p.asp

Not sure what route to go down, any other options?

Any experience of them, tempted to just get something along those lines, think my new engine is an AFP as you mentioned and it appears they have different cams so i have to buy some cams whatever happens, seems a wasted opportunity if i just buy standard

Stealth import Shimmel 263's - you can walk in and buy them over the counter, think they were £400

Standard springs are fine.

Edited by Geeba

Rang Stealth about the schimmels and they didn't have them in stock, told me to ring back 3 months later. I was going to ring them but doubt they will have them, and then i will have to wait for them to order from US and then arrive here. So tempted to just get the autotech cams.

How much would the springs cost on top of the cams? I know you don’t want to wait, but as I said in your thread from a while ago re Schimmel cams I’d be interested if a few more were to try and get the price down.

Have spoken to Bill at SP.

He is willing to sort us out something depending on numbers.

Was wondering if anyone else would be up for purchasing the cams, so that we could share the postage and/or get a better deal with quantity.