Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

Whats the fastest you have ever been in your Corrado?

Urrmm, ive had mine, (on a test track) at an indicated 158 and she was still pulling, lost nerve and felt like it would take off. :mrgreen:

A shade under 120. Was pootling along on the inside lane of quiet dual carriageway one day, (it was private dual carriageway, honest your honour) when clean C, identical to mine, same colour everything came sweeping past me. Thought, hmm, a mini convoy would look good, so pulled out and briefly joined in. Got to nearly 120 when I suddenly thought better of it, so pulled in and let him carry on. Nice thing was the faster I went the easier and more willing 'she' seemed to be to go even faster.

Only 120 myself. Had just past the Police who had just pulled someone up on the hard shoulder!! It was a very opportunist (that's definitely spelt wrong!! :roll: ) moment and I took full advantage. That kind of speed is were the VR6 comes into its stride. It's sooooo stable at that speed and keeps going and going like its never going to run out of steam 8)

Timo.

Horizontal motorway - 140mph :shock:

Going down? Didn´t try yet... :twisted:

Expecting 160mph...

I´ll let you know then! :lol:

Have had and indicated 140Mph in my Valver!!!!!! had the needle almost into the red in 5th :wink:

Still it's probably only about 126mph if you knck off 10% for speedo error.................

Steve

BTW This speed was attained on a private road with safety supervision, your honour!

Apparently Corrado speedo's are quite accurate actually.. so don't discount what its telling you too much!

Done 120MPH in mine but.. too chicken to do any more. That and fear of g-lader shooting its bearings through my bonnet!! :)

done 140 on the a11 at night....had the gps hooked up aswell and it read 128. there was still some pull in the old girl but not sure if it would have got to 140 as claimed????

oh and the speedo is out at high speeds. all you vr6 guys, if your speedo is reading 100 mph and your revs are 4000rpm then you actually doing about 90mph according to GPS technology (which is much more acurate than the speedo so i have been lead to believe by various articles)

Well on a private road 8) ... I rolled my 2.0 litre 16v up to 135mph on the speedo, 6k rpm in 5th. She wouldn't do anymore. Still not bad cuz she had 147k miles on the clock at that point.

It's quite amazing how she starts pulling from 90 up to 120. The last 15 take a wee longer.

I usually cruised at 95 and still got 33mpg out of her. :D :D :D

Well on a private road 8) ... I rolled my 2.0 litre 16v up to 6k rpm in 5th.

Quite some achievement in a 2.0-16v :roll:

144mph the other week on the way down to cornwall and the car was still pulling, it was just me who daren't go much faster! :-P Car still felt so stable and solid though. 8) cough*twas a private road BTW officer*cough :lol:

Indicated just under 140mph in the 1.8 16v....clearly fairly inacurate. That was with the standard wheels. With the 17s it's a different story and it now refuses to rev out in 5th, struggling to top an indicated 125mph. Form over function? I think so!

Had an indicated 135 out of my Mundeo, then chickened out, but the G60 Ive only really had up to an indicated 110, but it felt much safer.

Would like to visit a track somewhere to really test out top speed, and see how far off 225kph that VW rekon :evil:

On airfiled i hit 150 and still pull :D

Oh and that was from coming out of 4th at 130mph ;) ;) :D

Now i cant wait to see what it does with the charger on it :D

not really tried too hard yet, but got an indicated 135 on the way to Santa Pod (on the private road on the way in, of course, not the main dual carriageway before it.... ;) ) while playing with the driver of a Merc SL500... For a BIG car, those things shift well... they don't do corners well at all though! ;) :roll: :lol:

.HAD 135 ON THE CLOCK WITH ANOTHER 500RPM BEFORE GOIN INTO THE RED.

THEN GOT PULLED DOIN 90 AS I SLOWED DOWN,

SPEED IS EXPENSIVE :roll:

Done 120MPH in mine but.. too chicken to do any more. That and fear of g-lader shooting its bearings through my bonnet!!

Plenty more left yet Jim :wink: