panels are straight and no deformity in engine bay or boot floor. The original advert on Autotrader did not mention insurance category and there is nothing on the V5

Generally in good condition for its age, full respray in May 2014 including inside boot, door reveals and under bonnet. A new windscreen was fitted in 2017.The car was SORN in June this year when the MOT was done and a recon ABS ECU was fitted..

Present mileage is 169K and it still performs well. Although there is only limited service history servicing has been done by a family member who is a VW Mechanic. The car is lowered on GAZ fully adjustable coilovers and has a set of nearly new Uniroyal Rain Sports tyres on 16” two part BBS wheels, which are in need of a refurb. In January this year a new stainless exhaust from the stainless heat wrapped 6 branch manifold back was fitted by Longlife exhausts and comes with a transferable guarantee.

It has a full black leather interior in reasonable condition other than a small tear in the drivers backrest bolster, the seat bolster has not collapsed. The sunroof works both tilt and slide and the spoiler also works using the internal dashboard switch but not the speed sensor which I believe was disabled by a previous owner.

The car comes with an additional set of the original 15” wheels with plenty of tread left and also various spares currently in the boot and including a fuel pump and door seals. The radio has been replaced by a Pure DAB unit with an internal aerial

I now have no idea of the car's value, any advice would be appreciated

Hi mate would need more details like what flavour is it?

Has the car been checked and cleared for teh road?

Guessing you are trying to sell it?

Hi mate would need more details like what flavour is it?

Has the car been checked and cleared for teh road?

Guessing you are trying to sell it?

As it was registered cat c in 2004 it has been through 14 MOTs since then so obviously road worthy. I have no details of the original insurance claim and only know that the registration number was used for cat c but no VIn

Ah right sorry you didnt mention it was 2004 when it was registered. So I thought it has happened recently.

The problem you will have is that will put off someone wanting a really good one. So teh value will be hit slightly.

Without sitting on the fence I would look at the sold values of corrados lately for teh model you have and then drop the price slightly to compensate for the cat c issue.

What about the bump you had last year was that recorded as that will also impact on the value

Last year's bump was a car park incident. Replacement fog light and a bumper respray. Very minor and no evidence of work being done. Perhaps I should rephrase the question: by what ball park percentage does cat c reduce the asking price?

Cat C cars are generally worth half the market value to three quarters of current market value maximum.

Although you will find an arse for every seat - someone will buy it for what it is .

PM me the details of the car please

Years ago I bought a CAT D Corrado, with light front end damage, basically a new front wing. In every respect it was a great car, but when I came to sell it one year later I really struggled.

Whilst it puts off many buyers, it’s not a bad option if they plan to keep the car.

Just be realistic with your price (see comments above) and it will sell. Good luck