a_riot

Fusebox clip installation

My fusebox was fiddled with unnecessarily by a tech a few years ago, and they never bothered to install the white plastic clips, so it now hangs down so that the fuses face the floor. Its not a big deal, except some of the relays will start to come out and I'll lose my horn and so on. I have the clips, but after trying numerous times can't get them to stay on. Is there a trick I'm missing here?

I’ve only just begun to look into this myself. I managed to get one clip on . I checked the manual, it doesn’t seem to do much!. Mine has always been like it . I got hold of the clips a while back . So the fuse holder sits on the metal lugs , is this correct?,or are the lugs for drop down inspection?. As I said mine has always been like this , so I have no idea how it should sit .

Yep it sits in the two slots. You'll also see a protrusion on the left side of the fusebox, this slots into the hole on the supporting arm just above the slot.

So what do the plastic arms do Hasan ?. I’ve managed to get one on , but the fuse box still sits on the metal arms as it’s supposed to do .

I'm starting to wonder if my clips aren't correct, or maybe aftermarket are a different size. The round opening seems too small to fit over the protrusion so it just keeps popping off.

Cant remember how it fitted Rob, sorry :( I couldn't get mine to stay properly after removing it and left it off. I find that the raised plastic part holds it pretty securely and prevents any forward tilting of the fusebox

Sorry thats not much help really is it.

No problem Hasan , thank you.i can’t see the point of them then . If they held it horizontally and then it slipped into the downward position for access I could understand it . But if it sits on the metal pegs all the time I can’t see what they do . I’ve checked the manual for the pics as well.

My blackberry princess still had them fitted. When in place they stop the fuse box flopping/tilting down. There are round sticky out bits or locating zits that click into holes on the metal bracket hanging down from the dash. Sadly not all cars have been left alone enough or worked by people who care very much to still have them.