_Matt_

OEM style headlining material - where to buy?

Cheers Hasan. Is alcantara the original material then? I'd be happy to try something similar but need it to match up to my sunroof panel.

No the original headlining isn't alcantara. I think what Hasan was saying is that if you re-do it with faux suede, it'll look a little like alcantara which is a more plush material. You'll really struggle getting anything to match your sunroof cassette material. The material is foam backed, which is what is stuck to the headliner. Unfortunately its the material that comes away from the foam which is why its so difficult to put it back on. Your only real option other than replacing the lot, is removing the entire material, using an upholstery glue in an aerosol on the foam, and waiting until its almost dry. You should then be able to put the material on and hope it sticks well. If the glue is still a bit wet, it'll just bleed through the material and you'll end up with crusty patches all over the place. It looks terrible if that happens. I'd just get a decent foam backed beige material and redo the lot. It won't be OEM perfect, but it'll be neat and shouldn't be overly noticeable unless the colour is way off.

Ahh thanks Sean. My current position is - I've got the headliner out of the car, the old material was ruined so I've got the headliner template cleaned up ready to go for some new material.

I fitted a new sunroof mech and am now running a passat moonroof with a grey fabric slider panel so not the original. The fabric is very similar to the original corrado stuff.

Is it possible to retrim the sunroof cassette? I've got two of them to practice on. I thought I had read it can be problematic if material isn't as thin as the original but maybe that applied to the original corrado cassette fabric thinking about it and how it work muchanically?

If I can do the whole lot that's much easier as don't need to worry about matching up. I'm not that fussed if it's not exactly OEM as was just trying to tie up with the cassette material. Faux suede could work a treat if that's the case.

I bought some grey faux suede headlining off ebay .it cost about £32 with a can of spray glue.ive not tried fitting it yet tho.how did you find getting the headlining out.