Sign in to follow this  
lord neil

Too Expensive ?

Did they have a heated screen?

And I wouldn't call them scarce. You can find them on Autotrader most of them time.

Did they have a heated screen?

And I wouldn't call them scarce. You can find them on Autotrader most of them time.

Heated rear screen, yes, but anything else is aftermarket. If it is after market, I thought the only people that made them were Ford as they have the patent on it... so I wonder which Ford's screen you can use. You can guarantee a normal Ford screen is cheaper than a Corrado one.

And if you want scarce, try looking for a Campaign... ;)

If you would please, I am after a minter, will pay good money. Decent spec, alloys, ICE etc etc but most of all a cherished car.

Will be looking a Joe's in Glasgow hopefully soon

Thanks people

N.

If you would please, I am after a minter, will pay good money. Decent spec, alloys, ICE etc etc but most of all a cherished car.

Will be looking a Joe's in Glasgow hopefully soon

Thanks people

N.

ok will do........away to go shopping in Perth on friday so will swing in by on the way there or home........camera at the ready and will give you an un-biased report

but tbh.........for the very minor cosmetics Joe's one needs.........i would go for his over this........i can't see it being too much of a minter.......one thing tho....at the price this garage is asking...........it won't sell quickly either

Ouch.

Don't pay that kinda premium just for Storm badging.

I'd go for a look at Joes - that Storm is a seriously overpriced car.

[for the very minor cosmetics Joe's one needs

Go easy on him - He said he'd cleaned that interior now :-P

What extra's did you get on the storm ? Was lecky seats an extra or standad kit ? Sorry for the lack of knowledge I was a 16v boy in a prior life. Always wanted a VR and now's the time !!

I am willing to pay top dollar but want the same in return

N.

Go easy on him - He said he'd cleaned that interior now :-P

N.

LOL.....as i said Joe's C has only very minor cosmetics..........and btw his interior is a lot cleaner than mine :oops:

STEEP? Closer to vertical I'd have said... :| :crazyeyes:

A storm without the storm wheels on 88K miles for 9.5K?!? I'd want 8000miles on the clock for that kinda cash... :? :roll:

STEEP? Closer to vertical I'd have said... :| :crazyeyes:

A storm without the storm wheels on 88K miles for 9.5K?!? I'd want 8000miles on the clock for that kinda cash... :? :roll:

FFS....i paid £1k more for mine with 38k miles on it......3 YEARS ago!!!!!

yeah - I would have thought that not having the Solitudes on the car would have made her less valuable. That is, unless they have the old wheels too...

That is far too pricey!!!

Are They Pissed????

I would have thought maybe £6.5K to £7K Max??????

Steve

mind its from a dealer tho......so i'd say £8k would be top whack for them to price it.....and then room for them to move down etc

take the storm badge off and its my car :)

looking slightly less @ 5k tho 8)

shameless plug there....LOL :D :D :D but very true

Shame it doesn't come with the OE wheels. Although I'd expect platinum plated replacements as well at the original ones still boxed for that price.

It's in nice tidy shape though

i must admit it is in V good condition for it age and miles which look to be genuine too.........its been VW-serviced til 65k miles(HPi certificate too and all previous MOT's) and the owner took over servicing,he's owned it for just over 3 years and replaced the brakes (front and rear) recently too as well as new shocks all round,all the panels look straight with no visible signs of being painted although there are a few wee scratches(1 on rear panel,1 on driver-side wing and one on the rear bumper) also there are a few stonechips on the bonnet (which have been painted using a touch-up stick so look more purple than the actual paint).....inside the leather is unmarked bar the driver's door-card but its just looks to be dirty as opposed to buggered.........the engine starts up quietly and has clean oil just short of the max mark which tends to give the impression it has been well-looked after,the only problem i see under the bonnet and this is just cosmetically is the alloy surfaces have the powdery residue that sometimes happens to alloy surfaces near sea-air locations.........though tbh its about 10 miles-ish inland...............the wheels are ok but they have some minor kerb damage to them but he still has the original solitudes too which he told me he had just had refurbed...though he never showed them to me...........as i'm not buying it i declined to take it for a test drive so as not to waste the vendors time.....and also cos its about 1/2 mile up a rough road etc...........now the only thing that is gonna be a problem is the vendor's price.......i asked him what sort of price he'd go down to and he replied £9k........even after me telling him that thats easy £1500-£2k OTT........but he's reckoning on the fact it being a storm etc that its worth that.......... :roll: