Keyo

Battery Insulation bag

So about a month back whilst driving I lost all electrics on my Rado. Pulled over and after investigation I discovered even though the battery was only a couple years old the battery contacts were greasey and grimey from Engine bay grime. A good wire brish I was on my way all solved.

Original battery case is now obselete and wanted to protect the battery.

So fitted this today and chuffed with the quality and look , also keeps the crap away from the contacts !!!

Good little bargain and tidys up the engine bay, make sure you check your battery size first though . £20 included delivery from Germany. Just got to get VW decal for it now to finish it off.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Batterieh%C3%BClle-Batterietasche-Thermotasche-Batterieschutz-Akkutasche-60-Ah/182867184364?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96035[/ATTACH]

Edited by Keyo

Yeah I think its a small business in Germany that hand makss them , really good thermal material and snug fit. Im sure if someone emailed them they might even make a batch with a VW logo or VR6 Emblem. Also arrived in a about a week so a good reliable ebayer . You dont have to tare the bag at the front either as there is just enough play in the bag for the clamp to grip the battery. Half of the cost is postage so Im sure if someone got a batch over would work out even cheapr.

Edited by Keyo

Nice find - I have a few of the VW ones around, but was never overly impressed with the quality of the softer one, so will take a look at these.

When I purchased my Rado it had the remains of the old VW battery bag and it didnt look like it was ever good to be honest and literally disolved in my hand, this one is thicker and also that well made is described as washable in machine with high quailty insulation.

No worries lads says 6 left on ebay.

Battery bags also contain somewhat battery leaks or spray so they really are an overlooked part of the engine bay, so do serve a valid purpose in my opinion for little money. .

One question on the one you bought: the original VW one had two cut-outs for the cables to pass through at the back - is it the same on this version?

No holes at the back , on this battery bag the cables just slip in the case at the top rear corners, you can see the one corner on the attached picture, the velcro is on the inside so you can easily close the lid and get the cables in . You can only just see the one cable on one corner other is completley hidden . If you wanted to though you could maybe put some good tape on the back and slit a hole but I really think once you have tried it on you wont bother doing that as it looks tidy as it comes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96059[/ATTACH]

Edited by Keyo

Ok fairplay I was thinking the classic blue VW circle, OR VW circle in silver/Grey, Or even a Wolfsburg Edition circle.

Mine arrived yesterday. Looks great . My battery is on charge through lack of use and me constantly doing stuff to the car . Looking forward to fitting it , especially as it will keep the rain water from the wing from dripping on the battery.

Mine arrived yesterday. Looks great . My battery is on charge through lack of use and me constantly doing stuff to the car . Looking forward to fitting it , especially as it will keep the rain water from the wing from dripping on the battery.

Glad to hear it, I was that happy with mine I wished I had ordered 2 to be honest, it does say they are washable as well so that is a bonus to .

Fitted an original beesting aeriel today as couldnt pick up Medium wave, happy to say its now picking up signals from out of space ha ! Well worth getting OE .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171216178792

Good stuff get onto the manfacturer in Germany and get a boat load over. Im sure the golf boys would have some of these as well. One thing to consider for each model is stock battery size .

I'm not interested in making any. Bought 2 from germany.damaged one getting setting right.

So have one I don't want now