delfinis38

Davina air con

Hi Cressa.

Do you have to change out the fan controller unit if you have aircon ? Is it correct that the part number for a fan controller with aircom has A as the last digit/

For example late control fan unit part number 357919506 and there is part 357919506A, just trying to decipher the fan control part numbers.

Number 25 on diagram variations.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/937/subcategory/219015/part_id/0/lang/e#sec_25

Edited by Keyo

Hi Cressa.

Do you have to change out the fan controller unit if you have aircon ? Is it correct that the part number for a fan controller with aircom has A as the last digit/

For example late control fan unit part number 357919506 and there is part 357919506A, just trying to decipher the fan control part numbers.

Number 25 on diagram variations.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/937/subcategory/219015/part_id/0/lang/e#sec_25

I will check tomorrow and post up

I will check tomorrow and post up

Sound mate I'm just trying to work if the part numbers designated with an A on the end are only suitable with cars that came with air conditioning , as the normal part number is very rare and the part with an A on the end is more available and would be handy if they do work with a normal set up.

What I have worked out is the fan control unit

(early) 1H0919506 does not have the two fuses inserted into the top, just the bar fuse. up to chassis F 50-R-000 001. I wonder if this unit is for early 2 stage fans for the VR6. This number also has an option with the same part number with an A on the end.

(Late) 357919506 this is the late one for a 3 stage car from chassis F 50-R-000 001 , my 1995 VR has this fitted, it also comes with an option of an A on the end . It has two fuese inserted in to the top of the fan controller. This part number has been superseded 3A0919506 which you can still purchase from classics for a whopping £200.00 - this part also comes with a option with a part number with an A on the end.

So I was just wondering are the part numbers designated with an A are only for air conditioning models.

There are other part numbers out there for 9a and other models but Im just concentrating on the ABV (VR6) model.

Edited by Keyo

Just looking at mine now 357 919 506 with two fuse positions. I think because it's a Diavia install on the RHD Corrados, their wiring us all that was needed. Mines a late VR.

Dont know if the above info helps..

Jobs to do while the front bumper is off...

I’ve changed all the air co pipes and seals... new receiver drier... condenser and compressor look okay.

Any maintenance needed on the compressor apart from new belt..

Where’s the evaporator in the passenger foot well ... not looked yet.

Any thing else need doing before recharge.

Delfinis38, how close were your compressor hose connections to the oil block on the engine ?

As usually happens when changing Corrado parts.... my outlets of the new compressor are slap bang in the middle, whilst my old unit had them offset !!! Oh why oh why oh why. Doesn't help that the new pipe connections are chunkier, damn.

And to top it off, I had bought the wrong receiver drier over a month ago.. double damn..

With luck I should,,,,,should get the evaporator back this week

Delfinis38, how close were your compressor hose connections to the oil block on the engine ?

As usually happens when changing Corrado parts.... my outlets of the new compressor are slap bang in the middle, whilst my old unit had them offset !!! Oh why oh why oh why. Doesn't help that the new pipe connections are chunkier, damn.

And to top it off, I had bought the wrong receiver drier over a month ago.. double damn..

With luck I should,,,,,should get the evaporator back this week

I can look tomorrow... but from memory very close. Think I remember one connection had a bit sliced out of it just for clearance... think it actually touches or very close to the filter housing

Edited by delfinis38

Which receiver dryer did you buy that was wrong. I cross referenced mine to a hella unit.

HELLA 8FT351199-011 was the one I had on the car and is the perfect fit. I didn't realise that the one I quickly purchased ended in 31... my mistake in trying to prepare all the parts b4 fitting.

8FT351199-011 Is the one I’ve got.. it crossed referenced to 017047 which I pulled out.this is also a tight fit behind the passenger headlight.

8FT351199-011 Is the one I’ve got.. it crossed referenced to 017047 which I pulled out.this is also a tight fit behind the passenger headlight.

Well I never....... mine is fitted by a bracket onto the front of the condensor, where I thought they were all fitted.! The front end of my car is off whilst I sort this 7month aircon issue....

Ive ordered the correct part today, same number as yours.

I still worry if it will all work when put back together for its pressure test:dance:

Yes mines there too but the top touches the inner end of pass headlight. If I could post pictures. It would make explaining so much easier

I have finally sorted the replacement Evaporator fiasco. 11 months after I had the problem !!! I will post up pictures this week of how it all looks.

I did pressure test it to 7.5 bar with no leaks. The aircon guy tests the system to 10 bar, but my equipment at work doesnt go any higher... And they wouldn't test just the evaporator. The future is to put this back in the system very soon and get the front of the cat back on.. . Watch this space 🤣

Just to update this thread. With everything changed,  I even checked there was the correct amount of oil in the compressor and topped it up. When the aircon guy came, he added oil too with the gas in allowing so much for each replaced part.

2 weeks on and my Aircon is still working and incredibly cold. Colder than my Passats 

Interestingly the recirculating flap works like it should now.

When I press the Max on button-it closes 

Max off and it automatically opens... it never did this before!!

20200224_211927.jpg

20200223_193617.jpg

20200309_195142.jpg

Pleased for you mate after your saga. 
where does your ABS light go then if you’ve got that switch fitted

4 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Pleased for you mate after your saga. 
where does your ABS light go then if you’ve got that switch fitted

I fitted the smaller ABS light 535919235B which i believe is from an earlier model. This sits next to the headlight switch where the blank was. The aircon switches I used were from a mk3 golf as they look more OE than the diavia switches

37 minutes ago, Cressa said:

And it goes off 😄 

Looks ok there dont you think 👍

20200402_101322.jpg

15858189668261445226687440183142.jpg

Very good solution and looks correct. 

excellent work there  Cressa! And yes i agree the Mk3 switches look and fit better than the diavia ones 

Bloody air on pressure switch that fits in the drier was leaking out oil where the wires exit. ... tried swapping with a spare I had that actually doesn't work... oh well. I will post up the details of the replacement part for this. As it is the only part I didn't bloody change and it is stopping me from fitting the freshly painted front bumper   that is living on my dining room table 🤣🤪

20200620_134947.jpg

You've done well with revamping the system Cressa.  If you wouldnt mind posting up the part numbers that would be useful.  I'm planning to refurb mine too - might need to replace the condenser at the front as a lot of the fins have corroded away.  I've got a new old stock one for a Polo which i was thinking of adapting but might just be easier to do a like-for-like swop.

Does anybody know where I can get a relay that brings the compressor on on the Diavia aircon.

It's a Siemens V23134-M1052-X242 relay marked on the Diavia circuit as a 017019.

I've just fitted a new condenser, compressor, drier and Trinary switch in my system rebuild and it's all up and running but the relay contacts are very pitted and the system sometimes switches on and off intermittently. I've cleaned the contacts and it's working for now but I'm not sure how long it will last.

34 minutes ago, gazc said:

Does anybody know where I can get a relay that brings the compressor on on the Diavia aircon.

It's a Siemens V23134-M1052-X242 relay marked on the Diavia circuit as a 017019.

I've just fitted a new condenser, compressor, drier and Trinary switch in my system rebuild and it's all up and running but the relay contacts are very pitted and the system sometimes switches on and off intermittently. I've cleaned the contacts and it's working for now but I'm not sure how long it will last.

Can you post up a picture of it please. So we can see the pin terminal layout. Webasto (Diavia) still list lots of different relays. If they dont fit then maybe rs components 

Here is a picture of the aircon pressure switch, with part no. Should anyone ever need it. Took a month to arrive after going through a Webasto dealer

Webasto 62043101S1A20200727_165944.jpg