Bush

New VR6 owner saying Hello

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Just bought a 1995 VR6, bit rough around the edges, but a good solid shell, and huge service history. Car has had no expense spared with servicing over the years, but the bodywork needs a bit of tidying up.

I'll be asking a lot of newbie questions about where to start with the car. Mainly about how to make the engine a little more responsive and get a bit more power out of it.

Replaced the worn out engine mountings in it yesterday, and found a couple of air leaks around the crank case breather yesterday. Can't believe the difference that has made to how smooth the car is.

Next on the list is a de-cat I think, but I am struggling to find one, so may resort to gutting the one that's fitted to the car, unless one of you guys can point me in the right direction.

Hi Culshaw,

Is it a straight de-cat pipe, or a high flow cat?

How much you after for it, posted to HS2 (Western Isles)

Welcome along. Sounds like youve got a good car and done some wxcellent work already. Make sure you also join the Corrado Club (CCGB) if you havent already. £15 a year and tou get many benefits, including a natty members card, discounts on parts, cheaper insurance and a periodical magazine.

Welcome along...

Loads you can do to the VR lump... Shrick/VSR manifold, Shimmel cams, de-cat/exhaust etc. for bolt-ons or big money head work, MLS head gasket, turbo or supercharging.

Welcome aboard mate. 99% answer to all of your questions are here. Enjoy the love and pain of a Corrado

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Been having a good read through old forum threads, and gaining lots of knowledge already!

Today's jobs are to clean up around the engine to try and find a small oil leak, and route the crankcase breather out the engine bay, after the vacuum leak that I found from it.