joshwilljames

Newbie in Wales

Hey there,

Purchased my '94 Corrado VR6 last Summer and joined the Forum in October 18, but never got round to posting on here. Not particularly mechanically minded so anything beyond upgrading headlight looms etc is beyond me, but I am learning.

I'm based in Cardiff and have loved owning my VR6 for the last 8 months, but now looking to make a few improvements, both appearance and mechanically. Already replaced the window mechanisms, and upgraded the headlight loom, sound system and put her on the VW BBS 16" Montreals. Now I'm looking at making some other changes to make the performance a bit more responsive. Eventually want to respray it with the original Moonlight Blue Pearl paint as it is starting to look a bit tired now.

Any advice on where to start will be very appreciated (especially phrased in a way that mechanical idiots like myself can understand).

Josh

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum. Sounds like youve already lavished much love on the car. All nice mods. If I am doing mods I always try and keep the original parts for incase I ever sell. Standard cars will be more and more in demand over time. Moonlight blue a really nice colour on the Corrado. Look forward to seeing your progress with the car. Make sure you join the CCGB if you havent already

Hi Josh,

Glad you've enjoyed owning it so far, and sounds like you have longer term plans which is great!

In terms of performance, there isn't a huge amount you can do without spending an absolute fortune. Its all about air in and out with the VR6, so air filter, cams, remap, exhaust, and inlet manifold (Schrick or VWM VSR) is all you can really do unless you go forced induction. The things I've listed are price ascending (with the VSR silly money now) and all will compliment each other. Dependant on what you do, a remap at the end will tie it all together nicely and get the best out of it all. I think those that have all of the above achieve about 225bhp so not a huge increase in power, but responsiveness after a filter, exhaust, cams and a remap are best from what I've read, though I can't comment from experience.