virtuoso23

It's back on the road - VR6 Time!!

Finally got my VR back on the road after a complete timing tensioner failure, last year. It bent two valves and had no compression. It wasn't much of a surprise, original chains on 194,000 miles, the engine looked it's age and everything needed replacing.

First trip out and an update.

And now were back in action!

p.jpeg?size_mode=5

p.jpeg?size_mode=5

p.jpeg?size_mode=5

p.jpeg?size_mode=5

https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb/AAYwrJr3-_YhOJMAnn5_qKhNsHznyNcvJ-Vc310E-cpQSIVzDCIjXZDAv_RqAeo_BpHpdLw-apaa9JRSMuNs4SP_8IlOg4hXYsUXsc2X2OELg7afk-yKlm4EhTekFpRrb7qWZfswSgHb7sYVGPDTrv_oagEOUBwqBUrbhxnQ5sPdAq7ao4wwittIMwplebF3eHn0rRorMEav0WjrGUObKEDDpTk_Kvd5k7BSsTYm_PkzvnyitUiv3CHcAx72kQ5x12M03QIOUbvKkxltokynRmLHsn6VePJL2PKg9a3Nww4jnC4eQIUp1448eDfsrafIvTc58IvRwKvDIfsQvJDTV6KkqRyhlLE_Sex_ZegquGG13b3K2Qcmiwpeme-ZY3YNADsD761yolgaRAJu4T8zp4J0/p.jpeg?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

p.png?size_mode=5p.png?size_mode=5

p.png?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

p.png?size_mode=5

p.jpeg?size_mode=5

p.jpeg?size_mode=5

It seems a lot of people have tappet problems after a rebuild. How are yours? Who did the rebuild?

I rebuilt the engine myself with help from the old man here and there. Once the rebuild was finished I just cranked the engine over without fuel or ignition until oil pressure was good. Once all connected it fired up on the first turn of the key,

tappets ticked for about 10 minutes and since then I've never heard anything.

It runs smooth as butter now.