Jon_vr6

Corrado VR6 Storm deposit taken

My guess is that the MK2 Golf 16v is a lot more well-known and is now cult status among those who owned one in the late 80s and early 90s and now want to re-live their memories of that time and will pay the high price.

Doesn’t help that the Corrado was out of reach to the masses price wise when they came out in the UK so the uptake for this model was lower.

That is true as I owned one in the early 90s and still have a bad itch for one but just sold my R129 and keeping to one classic now in the household if I can help it !!!.

Bloke wanted the car mainly for the plate. Up to him what he puts the car up for I got the money I wanted for it.

Bloke wanted the car mainly for the plate. Up to him what he puts the car up for I got the money I wanted for it.

That's fair enough - I would have sold him the plate on it's own!

The trouble with Storms is that they are only really worth that extra premium if they are all original - there's little point in a heavily modded "special" edition, even if all the mods make sense and add to the car.

That's fair enough - I would have sold him the plate on it's own!

The trouble with Storms is that they are only really worth that extra premium if they are all original - there's little point in a heavily modded "special" edition, even if all the mods make sense and add to the car.

Only if you're buying purely as an investment IMO

Only if you're buying purely as an investment IMO

But I don't think there's any point at all in having a Storm over a normal VR unless it's an investment or original (why mess with it?) - it's two badges, a painted grille, CD changer and BBS Solitude alloys off a Mk3, and the blue paint was never used on a C, so that's it IMHO.

Better not to start a debate on Storm vs VR - that's been done to death. Or we can start a new thread and have some fun! ;)

we can start a new thread and have some fun! ;)

Go for it.

The mods on this car make it a drivers car, investors don't drive them.

Storm should of had a Variable inlet manifold or a chip in the ECU to make it that little bit special, it's just a stunt by VW to shift the last batch out the factory and they have just done it with the MK 7.5 Golf TCR, but at least it has more poke .

Storm should of had a Variable inlet manifold or a chip in the ECU to make it that little bit special, it's just a stunt by VW to shift the last batch out the factory and they have just done it with the MK 7.5 Golf TCR, but at least it has more poke .

Agreed - and volt/oil gauges and maybe heated black Recaros - but some kind of engine mod would have made them really special. There were quite a few factory extras that could have been thrown at it to max it out and make it stand out.

I often dream about what the VR spec would have been like if they had kept making them until 1998 to the end of the Mk3 era, things like proper OBDII, working sunroof, 288 brakes, Teves 20 ABS, maybe 24v/3.0/3.2 engines or even a turbo...