p0l1wrath

Late passenger wing

I'm after a late passenger wing, as straight and rust free as possible.

An Ambulance decided to reverse into mine :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96784[/ATTACH]

Ouch - if it's going through insurance you may still be able to get a new one from VW - around £600 a side the last time I checked.

Ouch - if it's going through insurance you may still be able to get a new one from VW - around £600 a side the last time I checked.

I have just rang vw and the guy told me discontinued '07

I'd try and avoid going through insurance if I was you, no panels available might mean the car getting written off affecting future value and even a non fault accident affects your premiums.

I'd try and avoid going through insurance if I was you, no panels available might mean the car getting written off affecting future value and even a non fault accident affects your premiums.

Yes am trying to avoid going through my insurance, seems that emergency vehicles are covered by a slightly different style of policy to normal vehicles and they are trying to set up a repair that doesn't go anywhere near my policy (which is nice) but their usual repair place wont touch the car because it's classic... lots of different factors coming into play, worst comes to worst I will pay for the repair myself, hence looking for a nice-ish wing to start with

You probably want to avoid Amos motors ltd, type 'amos' into the forum search and see why

Thanks for the warning, I was a little suspicious when he stated if the wing is damaged in transit it isn't covered by the postal insurance... I think I'll stay away from them

Thanks, tried this guy but then he just stopped messaging back...

If you search the forum there's a few here that have had poor service from Amos motors...………..

Ooops, didn't read page 2

Edited by Dox

If you need a part off Amos I wouldn't bother purchasing anything unless you can rock up there and catch him off guard, less time to research how much he can cream out of you and can also inspect the parts of course.

Good advice on Amos given.

These wings are a nightmare to source. Good luck, but something will turn up - a chap was looking recently and managed to get a couple within a weeks. Are you using facebook? Might get a wider coverage on your search.