Daniel.Munoz.Roman

Looking for Sunroof components to fix mine!

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for one particular part that broke on my corrado, I think it is called the slider on the passenger side PN 722-686-988. I will try to attach a picture of it once I find out how :)

If any one might have a sunroof assembly available it would be great to have it for spare parts as well.

First time posting here,still learning how to upload pics

Thx

Edited by Daniel.Munoz.Roman

Welcome aboard, but unfortunately you are after the holy grail part of a corrado. Long obsolete. We just need someone to manufacture it..?. Hopefully

And apologies if you can't access all of the site at the moment..... we have a problem!!

just on this point, is anyone able to do a 3D scan that i can then send to my suppliers to produce? Was kindly sent the key sunroof part by another forum member.

thanks

I’m not 100% Hasan , but I’ve got some sunroof parts in the man cave . I will check this evening. If I have the sliders I will send them to you .

Kind regards

Rob

The passenger side is the one that always seems to break first, so can be difficult to find even second-hand. In terms of reproducing it, did it even come as a separate part originally or was it not attached to the cable?

I have a spare cassette at home, but that slider snapped as soon as I tried to operate the mechanism - if you do get hold of, or have, a spare unit, I'd recommend taking it apart and cleaning/lubricating everything before attempting to operate it, just in case.

Edited by fendervg

Possibly the cable is all one unit made into the slider/s, and yes my passenger side slider snapped first, = made of Mickey mouse metal unfortunately :help:

Another vote for 3D scanning please :salute:

Si

I think it is - I remember getting hold of one of the last cable repair kits about 8 years ago, and it had the ends attached to the cable, although they seemed to be of a different metal to the originals.

Thanks Rob - sorry, my comment wasnt clear (as usual!), our forum member DGL kindly sent me a broken piece.

There are a couple of IT companies near our office i'll try and get one of them to create a 3D scan...

Finally I got back from a long boring business trip :) and have some time to post in here.

I am having troubles with the forum, I hope I am not the only one with these problems :) I am trying to post a picture but it keeps saying "this is not a valid image".

Anyways, the part that broke is not connected to the cable, it is the slider where the thin metal rod attaches to.

It has four small hooks (one at each corner)that act like springs to prevent the part from rocking inside the rail. One of these hooks broke off and now there is a very minor rocking but enough to prevent the sunroof to keep latched when sliding.

LOL I hope you all understood my explanation. I am going by words instead of pictures until the system let me place a picture

Does anyone might have a spare I can purchase from?

Thanks guys!