Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Recommed me a headunit

I got this unit in mine Panasonic CQHX2083N

249.jpg

Black surround & Face design blends into dashboard neatly

Spec is good too MP3/WMA/CDRW player, 4x60w with 3 pre outs, seperate sub system control with lots of features & loads more

That looks nice mate - how much was that?

Only reserve I have with panasonic stuff is the on board amps are poor quality... I am told the best on board amps are the Blaupunkt stuff...

As I've currently got the el-crappo cassette VW HU in my C I want to get a new one. My plan is to use a portable MP3 player (mmm 60Gb) and hook it into the HU via the line out. Any suggestions on what to get? I want a nice sounding unit, but it doesn't need anythign any more fancy than plain old CD playback. That Pioneer DEH P77MP one does look rather tasty, even if it is another £70 over what I was planning on spending.

It's also not a good sign that the HU in there currently sounds like a tinny poop. I'm hoping it's just because it's wired up badly, otherwise it's gonna be new speakers time (mmm Infinities). Damn you all and your nice ICE systems, now I have to play too.

That looks nice mate - how much was that?

Only reserve I have with panasonic stuff is the on board amps are poor quality... I am told the best on board amps are the Blaupunkt stuff...

That Panasonic is about £350.

All internal amps are pretty poor to be honest, given the lack of space and heat they generate. The best amps I've heard so far are the MOSFET high-current jobbies in the Pioneers and Alpine's V-drive. The old BluePoint stereos are OK but not particularly nice to look at, good internals tho.

I'm trying to find a Pioneer P9 at the moment that's less than £859 and it's accompanying £459 DEQ9 offboard EQ/DAC!!. It's a drive unit only, no amp. I want, but can't afford :cry:

Like kevhaywire says internal amps mean nothing...

Get an Amplifier or 2, Components and a 10inch Sub (i got JBL GT0 400w rms) then you will have a good setup

Like kevhaywire says internal amps mean nothing...

Get an Amplifier or 2, Components and a 10inch Sub (i got JBL GT0 400w rms) then you will have a good setup

8)

That's the way to do it :lol:

I wish drive unit only Head units were more affordable. For people with amps it's just excess baggage taking up valuable space that processors and higher quality components could be using :?