pedrotunes

Windscreen Scuttle Trim

Hi All

The passenger side scuttle trim has come away from the bottom of my windscreen (see below), I assume this is purely cosmetic and water will not leak through to the cabin as it will run underneath and drain out as per normal next to the foilage cover?

Thanks

20191019-110609.jpg

photo sharing

You can buy aftermarket one-piece scuttle trims - they look nice but are quite pricey, or there is a Golf Mk2 hard plastic rain tray that can be easily made to fit, and if you get the LHD version as well as the RHD it's possible to make up a complete tray.

A user on here is selling a spoonfed one complete one piece if you search the posts from the last week.

You can buy aftermarket one-piece scuttle trims - they look nice but are quite pricey, or there is a Golf Mk2 hard plastic rain tray that can be easily made to fit, and if you get the LHD version as well as the RHD it's possible to make up a complete tray.

Think the op is on about the trims that locate directly below the windscreen Fen not the scuttle panel.

I think fen knows what he’s on about, he is correct. The one piece aftermarket variants replace the 3 part VW effort and cover the wiper motor area too.

I have the carbon fibre Spoonfed item from the USA still to be fitted just like the window trims I got off you Kieran, wrapped up in a box waiting to go on when I get my paint a sorted some day.

Edit again

It’s a one piece item that replaces the 3 part VW windscreen lower trim from spoonfed and another piece that goes over the wiper motor void area. But looks one piece when fitted with the VW rubber seal. Anybody interested needs to visit spoonfed tunings site as they have photos and I can’t post any sorry.

Edited by 1xshaunx1

Edit.

Shaun thought he had purchased a full cover for lower windscreen and scuttle cover, however will have to fork out another £200 of his hard earned money or so if he wants the full spoonfed lower windscreen + all in one scuttle panel. Spoonfed is great stuff but bloomin expensive:scratch:

Whilst looking at their site I priced up the boot and carpet set plus the carbon door sill trims the last owner purchased for my car .

Floor mats $167.00

https://www.spoonfedtuning.com/collections/corrado/products/corrado-black-floor-mats-set-of-4-designer-series?variant=24665188039

Bott carpet $155.00

https://www.spoonfedtuning.com/collections/corrado/products/corrado-vr6-cargo-mat

Door sill trims $200.00

https://www.spoonfedtuning.com/collections/corrado/products/corrado-door-sills-carbon-fiber

Plus shipping and import duty I think the last owner must of parted with a whopping £600.00 for the above items. Probably would of been better they had spent the money on the drivetrain or bodywork of the car to preserve her.

Edited by Keyo

Kieran you ought ask what I thought I bought or did buy, I have both parts had them years from a forum group buy I think, I’ve wanted to sought paint for years. carbon fibre stuff is expensive in general. It all depends on what you are trying to achieve, budget and what you are happy with. Well fitting parts that do the job or make do trying out different vendors hoping for the best.

Jom coil overs compared to kw v1 to kw v3 all have different price points, quality and longevity differences. Audioscape door pods second hand will cost a pretty penny but the sound quality when turned up is much better. Everyone is different and has different budgets. I only have one car.