ABV-VR6

Bmc-cda 85-150

First post!

Well I'm glad I found this forum, I've been reading so much good information on here, awesome!

So I finally bought my dream car, a Corrado VR6 1995. One thing I'm not too happy about is that the previous owner removed the air box and installed a cheap p-flow made in China... I've been looking to buy an OEM air box but they are so rare to come by that I'm kind of giving up... Which brings me to my plan B , the BMC-CDA. I've read tons of good comments about them on this forum.

What I'm wondering is there seem to be a universal one 85-150 that's being recommended. But looking on ebay.fr there's a guys selling one that's made for MK3 VR6. Is there a difference, bracket or something?

Also, for those of you who installed one, I'm wondering if you guys installed it straight to the MAF or a rubber elbow/pipe between the MAF and the BMC to keep it a tad further from the engine?

Cheers!

No difference as far as i'm aware mate, think i got mine from Venom motorsport, think i may have a OEM air box lying around if you still need one bud?

Just keep looking for a proper air box - you won't regret it. There are plenty of cars being broken on the facebook group.

Just keep looking for a proper air box - you won't regret it. There are plenty of cars being broken on the facebook group.

The OEM airbox looks the business has that retro 80s design with the stripes so cool.

The OEM airbox looks the business has that retro 80s design with the stripes so cool.

It also works really well with the engine and exhaust and keeps the MAF nice and clean - just as the VW designers intended all those years ago.

Thanks to all of you, you guys are awesome!

Loved that I found a Corrado community.

I'll PM "SPEN" to see if we can make this happen as it looks like the OEM box is best. I kind of knew that but I just can't find one...

Cheers, you guys take care

Well guys, I ended up finding one! Very happy about that, finally!

Thanks to all who replied.

Cheers, JF