itruk

New from Morecambe

Hi all, new lad here from Morecambe, driving a green G60 :D

Mainly signed up to work through some of the niggles the car has, and get them sorted! Driver side window motor first, then a temperamental central locking... crappy wipers.. noisy steering pump (if that's normal?)

Just the usual 'niggles' haha

Welcome to the madness and joy that is Corrado ownership.

Window motors are awkward but not impossible. Central locking is pneumatic so check it’s all plugged in first. OE wipers are poor but can be replaced with Lupo/TT items. Power steering noise can usually be resolved by using genuine fluid and generous amounts of steering end to end(worth changing if you have no history of it being done).

My advice, buy a Corrado Bentley repair manual and enjoy the ride.

Oh and don’t forget some pictures for us all.

Welcome mate I live just up the road in kendal

The lupo/tt wipers is a must for being able to see properly especially with the amount of rain we get up our way, I made a set on the cheap for my wifes corrado which gets used daily from a set of real early tt arms I cut a section out of the passenger side arm and then welded it back together to make it fit the corrado screen , work a treat but dont look quite as nice as later tt/ lupo ones

Cheers lads.

The next free hour I get, I'm going to explore the window motor. Door card off and check it's not seized up/check connections etc..

Regarding the wipers, is it the Lupo GTI arms I'm after and The some Aero blades?

If it's the TT wipers..which do I go for? And both are a straight swap, as in, remove the oem from spindle and attach replacement?

The lupo gti ones you want two drivers side arms and blades and are a straight fit

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?69-Lupo-GTi-front-wiper-conversion-See-Page-23!!!-for-update

Think with the tt ones it's two drivers arms and blades but you have to do some work with a dremel

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?26056-TT-Wipers-(arms-amp-blades)

I used a pair of tt ones but if you do this the passenger arm needs chopping down as it's too long which is why most people go for two drivers arms