Keyo

Are these Vento competition 16 alloys

Need some wheel pervets help here if I may. 

Have been told these have been refurbed white. 

Are these Vento competition 16 Speedlines  ?  Quick response would be appreciated. Im concerned they are Subaru ones or speedline 2110 

Cheers, 

90511042_215733226175007_317363393153046

85157931_287828205522202_39305243314985390520918_293815751596073_51318839232188990111509_2579153772359635_26310923097850

4 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

If you could find out the centre bore size that may help, pretty sure the Scooby ones are larger

Thanks for the fast response Sean they are 57.5 he measured with one of those precise engineering twiser looking things, I imagine that would fall under the size of 57.1 and just paint making up the size to 57.5 ? 

Edited by Keyo

Matt (Sexy bourbon) had Scooby wheels iirc so he would know more. Pretty sure they're 5x100 though, just different centre bore and offset

I'd say they're cups, Subaru usually have an offset around 50 (ideal for VW with spacers), date is around about too

These are old wheels now with both competition history as well as pot holed streets. A thick coat of powder hides a multitude of sins and finding someone who'll sell a single alloy to make a set is nigh on impossible.

The last set I saw for sale were rough, without centre caps that are obsolete.

I've been trying to buy a set for 20 years..........

Edited by Dox

They are a set of 4. I will add  evidence shortly to prove they are most likely the real deal. Just got to do the deal first folks. 

90520287_567070300826341_183203019287324

Edited by Keyo

21 minutes ago, Dox said:

These are old wheels now with both competition history as well as pot holed streets. A thick coat of powder hides a multitude of sins and finding someone who'll sell a single alloy to make a set is nigh on impossible.

The last set I saw for sale were rough, without centre caps that are obsolete.

I've been trying to buy a set for 20 years..........

Hi Dox, 

I imagine the stock corrado centre caps fit though if the bore is 57.1 ? Could just use the ones from my stock speedlines ? Thanks 

Edited by Keyo

5 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Hi Dox, 

I imagine the stock corrado centre caps fit though if the bore is 57.1 ? Could just use the ones from my stock speedlines ? Thanks 

Nope, they're different

Just now, Dox said:

Nope, they're different

Wow the vento centre caps are different ? Anyone got a photo to show. Im surprised they different as the same bore size ? 

I can't find on, racing cars didn't have caps because they fly off. The A59 Golf prototype have black caps on?

1 minute ago, Dox said:

I can't find on, racing cars didn't have caps because they fly off. The A59 Golf prototype have black caps on?

At a guess Dox would you say the stock centre caps would fit the Vento cups as the same bore ? 

Just now, Keyo said:

At a guess Dox would you say the stock centre caps would fit the Vento cups as the same bore ? 

90% sure the cups have a larger cap.

Measure your cap and ask the seller to measure the wheels

2 minutes ago, Dox said:

90% sure the cups have a larger cap.

Measure your cap and ask the seller to measure the wheels

Ive asked the seller to measure and my speedlines are in the garage so can compare. 

Nice find - look the part, but you'd need to compare the part# - as for the caps, there are plenty of places that have for sale, or will make up caps in any size you want. I'd kind of agree about the white powdercoat potentially hiding a multitude of sins, and the first place these would be going if they were mine would be to the wheel shed to be blasted and dipped.

2 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Nice find - look the part, but you'd need to compare the part# - as for the caps, there are plenty of places that have for sale, or will make up caps in any size you want. I'd kind of agree about the white powdercoat potentially hiding a multitude of sins, and the first place these would be going if they were mine would be to the wheel shed to be blasted and dipped.

Yes mate 100 percent if I get them will be going stock silver. 

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

They would be smaller than 57.1 if thick paint was on them......

Good point ha, maybe the centre bore as wear through race driving ? 

3 minutes ago, Dox said:

Did you buy them?

Picking them up in a couple of Days Dox. Will get the centre caps made. Once I've got them I will post some pictures. 

Buyer beware, I tried to buy these 2 weeks ago, the seller said £350 needing a refurb, which puts them at £700+. Today the same wheels appeared for £220 ono with this pic

dc3ffdb8e46ec64250368f8736598979.jpg

Not as hard to find a spare of these as the speedlines, but that could look much better with a grind and thick powderCoat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im sure they will hide a few sins under the white paint, but all the Vento cup alloys have been on a track I reckon. However I will get them correct. I know  Nothelle alloys and the BBS RS are sort after but to be fair these are rarer and are from VW motorport  issued to the race teams, but rarer then a  VSR and has racing history. so on paper are the Holy Grail of Corrado alloys- that is just my opinion because I'm sure everyone has their own favorite. I imagine most of the wheel released to the race teams are half dead. 

Edited by Keyo