Cressa

Which windscreen ???

Ok people, let's pick at your knowledge. 95 VR6. I am having to replace my windscreen and the guy asked "is it just the top tinted stripe or fully tinted ".

Now I've read lots about the Corrado but dont actually know what it SHOULD be.Β 

πŸ™„

Edited by Cressa
Correction

As far as I know all Corrado glass was lightly tinted all round, including the windscreen. There may have been an option for a darker tinted stripe at the top of the windscreen, but I have never seen it, and also have never come across a Corrado with clear glass.

Others might have more information.....

8 hours ago, fendervg said:

As far as I know all Corrado glass was lightly tinted all round, including the windscreen. There may have been an option for a darker tinted stripe at the top of the windscreen, but I have never seen it, and also have never come across a Corrado with clear glass.

Others might have more information.....

Sounds good to me. Hopefully some other wise people will put there thoughts up

Hold for this I’ll get some details for you , Robin from stealth got a nice top tinted one and I’ve text him to find out price and colour of tint, any lessΒ  sun is a bonus for the dash ha ! . Also brand , Its noticable the top tint and looks cool .Β 

Edited by Keyo

ETKA only lists 535845011B (possibly clear) and 535845011C (green tint) for the windscreen glass - no mention of a sun visor stripe. I think it was an after-market option, the factory glass was made by Sekurit for VW.

Yeah will be sekurit but these screens look the business with the tint on the top- not sure what brand they are though have asked the question.Β 

Edited by Keyo

Very 70s - they are nice, I had one on my Audi Coupe Quattro from 1987, and it was great on sunny days and didn't look out of place. Not sure if they are just clear with a tint strip though - I would want the windscrenn glass to match that in the rest of the car.

I have a Passat centre sunvisor mounted on the sunroof control trim for those really bright sunny days anyway.

15 hours ago, Cressa said:

Ok people, let's pick at your knowledge. 95 VR6. I am having to replace my windscreen and the guy asked "is it just the top tinted stripe or fully tinted ".

Now I've read lots about the Corrado but dont actually know what it SHOULD be.Β 

πŸ™„

hi m8

i have just been through this very quandary for my VR, fortunately my friend has a m8 who works at Pilkingtons

they hadΒ the following options in stock - green tint screen (i believe all corrado's had a green tint front screen as well as the side windows from factory), green tint with green sun stripe, green tint with blue stripe

they also then had an option for an encapsulated screen or non-encapsulated screen, which i researched & means that the non-encapsulated is literally just the screen.

i went for the encapsulated, which was more costly but upon arrival it has the external trim already attached & came with a few other fitting bits

it did not come with the 6 wedges used for correct positioning though - they are still available from the dealers part number 443845631AΒ Β 

hope that help but hit me up if you have any questions

Here you go Cressa .Β 

ItsΒ oe glass and Β Rob from StealthΒ Β says it cost about Β£160 plus VATΒ  Glass dealer here in Birmingham has a good batch of them and got it fitted a couple of months back.

OEM mate saint gobain sekurit-Β  the glass is a blue green /tint at the top about 6 inches or so. Here are the pictures he sent to me on your behalf chap.Β  Wish I had it it gets bloomin hot and sun in the eyes in summer.Β 

glass.jpg

glass1.jpg

Edited by Keyo

13 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Here you go Cressa .Β 

ItsΒ oe glass and Β Rob from StealthΒ Β says it cost about Β£160 plus VATΒ  Glass dealer here in Birmingham has a good batch of them and got it fitted a couple of months back.

OEM mate saint gobain sekurit-Β  the glass is a blue green /tint at the top about 6 inches or so. Here are the pictures he sent to me on your behalf chap.Β  Wish I had it it gets bloomin hot and sun in the eyes in summer.Β 

glass.jpg

glass1.jpg

good info m8 - sounds pricey compared to what i paid Pilkingtons though

Think he paid Β£160.00 cash- my top pick would be the green tint on the top - serves a good purpose to be fairΒ because Im awlays pulling down my sun visors.Β 

9 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

hi m8

i have just been through this very quandary for my VR, fortunately my friend has a m8 who works at Pilkingtons

they hadΒ the following options in stock - green tint screen (i believe all corrado's had a green tint front screen as well as the side windows from factory), green tint with green sun stripe, green tint with blue stripe

they also then had an option for an encapsulated screen or non-encapsulated screen, which i researched & means that the non-encapsulated is literally just the screen.

i went for the encapsulated, which was more costly but upon arrival it has the external trim already attached & came with a few other fitting bits

it did not come with the 6 wedges used for correct positioning though - they are still available from the dealers part number 443845631AΒ Β 

hope that help but hit me up if you have any questions

Did you go for a top tinted? I'm wondering what a green tinted would look like against the green/blue one.

Oooo decisions,Β  but thankyou everyone

14 hours ago, Cressa said:

Did you go for a top tinted? I'm wondering what a green tinted would look like against the green/blue one.

Oooo decisions,Β  but thankyou everyone

pleasure m8 - i know Pilkington have stock of the options mentioned

i went for the green with green sun stripe & the encapsulated versionΒ - will drop a pic on here when i finally get the VR back

I'm thinking green tinted on green on the classic green will be a good fit.Β 

Thanks fellasΒ 

On 5/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, Cressa said:

I'm thinking green tinted on green on the classic green will be a good fit.Β 

Thanks fellasΒ 

Cressa did you sort this out Im asking for a friend because poster above said 160 + Vat sounded expensive ?Β  PFsht member is been quoted 250 + Vat but I can get them from Brum for 160 + VatΒ 

Thanks

Mate, if you can get them at that price,Β  I'll come fetch one. I'm sure I was quoted over 200. I will check laterΒ πŸ€ͺ

12 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Mate, if you can get them at that price,Β  I'll come fetch one. I'm sure I was quoted over 200. I will check laterΒ πŸ€ͺ

Sound chap its just goldfinger Β post above said he got his from pilkington and 160 plus vat sounded expensive.Β Β pfsht got a quoteΒ and was Β£250.00 + Vat off another company.Β 

Master Auto Glass 0121 773 7737 -Β  nationwide and delivery serviceΒ 

http://www.master-auto-glass.com/

1 minute ago, pfnsht said:

Thanks guys, I've tried ringing them but trade only 😞

Β 

Β 

Ouch Robin from Stealth knows theΒ guy that works there and got sorted. Is it worth ringing Pilkington like goldfinger ?Β 

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Ouch Robin from Stealth knows theΒ guy that works there and got sorted. Is it worth ringing Pilkington like goldfinger ?Β 

Yeah that would be great - Goldfinger do you have details on where you got it from? I think I am a similar-ish area to you - Hertfordshire?

I've also given the details to my bodyshop to pass on to their glass man - maybe i can get it that way.Β 

Cheers

Matt

2 hours ago, pfnsht said:

Yeah that would be great - Goldfinger do you have details on where you got it from? I think I am a similar-ish area to you - Hertfordshire?

I've also given the details to my bodyshop to pass on to their glass man - maybe i can get it that way.Β 

Cheers

Matt

replied to your PM m8

Update. I have been offered the tinted with green tint which is a saint Gobain glass, so happy with that. 300 fittedΒ  but near my work in Nottingham. The guy has done Corrados b4 and said they are an absolute pain, so that is good news. I either need to talk him into driving 5 junctions up the motorway, or I need to hire a trailer!! Hmm

Edited by Cressa
Bloody spell check !

17 hours ago, Cressa said:

Update. I have been offered the tinted with green tint which is a saint Gobain glass, so happy with that. 300 fittedΒ  but near my work in Nottingham. The guy has done Corrados b4 and said they are an absolute pain, so that is good news. I either need to talk him into driving 5 junstions up the motorway, or I need to hire a trailer!! Hmm

You can’t live a million miles from me if your 5 junctions up the motorway from Nottingham, I’m at J30?

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

You can’t live a million miles from me if your 5 junctions up the motorway from Nottingham, I’m at J30?

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ yes mate, Aston at j31

59 minutes ago, Cressa said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ yes mate, Aston at j31

Fair enough, we’re in Cuckney, couple of miles away from Clumber Park.Β