Keyo

Tailgate dealer sticker

7 hours ago, Keyo said:

Came across  four pages full of 80s/90s windscreen dealer stickers, couldn't see mine but loads of them on there all over the UK 

https://www.dmb.uk.com/search/vw#page1

That's the guy that did mine, sticker, number plates and tax disc 😊

Very happy with what he did

Just now, Cressa said:

That's the guy that did mine, sticker, number plates and tax disc 😊

Very happy with what he did

Looks a great site mate - the finish touches and all that. 

Mine came from a Northampton dealers and guess what their address was - bloomin Scirooco Close ! 

scir.jpg

Mine came from a Northampton dealers and guess what their address was - bloomin Scirooco Close ! 

scir.thumb.jpg.0c65c85d84fce86b95132c5a9abd46fd.jpg

Totally off topic, but my email isp is on that business park.

Looks like it might be a Jeep and Mitsubishi dealer on Scirocco Close now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

58 minutes ago, Tigerfish said:

Totally off topic, but my email isp is on that business park.

Looks like it might be a Jeep and Mitsubishi dealer on Scirocco Close now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes chap they have well gone- not sure if they were a solo dealership or had a chain but they were incorporated in 1977 and last accounts 2010 so have no idea what therir logo was. 

Edited by Keyo

my car was supplied by shrewsbury motors still has the sticker intact on the rear glass - dont see any sticker on the list

googled and nothing so i assume another independant vw dealer long gone

7 hours ago, ger040 said:

my car was supplied by shrewsbury motors still has the sticker intact on the rear glass - dont see any sticker on the list

googled and nothing so i assume another independant vw dealer long gone

Yes chap seems to be lots of independents those days - I imagine the likes of Listers and Johnsons with their chains could beat them on price through their buying capacity- its a shame because I imagine the independents were quite good to deal with compared to a large network.  I Know the seller will hand make plates and stickers if you can find the logo because my golf has handmade dacales and plates ny them . I found a business card in the books of my golf from lonsdale London.  

Edited by Keyo

I used to use Premier garages an Indy in Leek Staffs and they were top notch, no pushy up selling or sterile environment.

3 hours ago, Keyo said:

Yes chap seems to be lots of independents those days - I imagine the likes of Listers and Johnsons with their chains could beat them on price through their buying capacity- its a shame because I imagine the independents were quite good to deal with compared to a large network.  I Know the seller will hand make plates and stickers if you can find the logo because my golf has handmade dacales and plates ny them . I found a business card in the books of my golf from lonsdale London.  

Yeah its a pity - i have 2 vw dealerships close by one part of a large chain and the other small independant

the large chain is always cash up front when ordering and i went in one saturday morning and the guy on the parts department was rude to say the least (ordering parts for older cars) looking back i should have left and reported him to their hr dept. never been back. i know a tech from this dealership says its all run by accountants and only interested in the bottom line

The smaller independant is very friendly and family run i believe - greeted with a smile going through the doors and the guys in the parts dept are brilliant take their time and pay on collection. if the part is not available they even check every other dealer in the uk to see if any have it in stock. get my business all the time now.

My friend did a scaffolding at the owners house of Listers Stratford Upon Avon - he told me he had half a mile driveway - a full time gardner that had a bungalow to live on the property- they are not short of a bob or two. 

Edited by Keyo

4 hours ago, Dox said:

I used to use Premier garages an Indy in Leek Staffs and they were top notch, no pushy up selling or sterile environment.

Oh I know leek do an annual scaffold at Weatherspoons on the corner - great roads round there unless you get stuck behind a tractor ha,