How much is this corrado worth at the moment ?

1991 1.8 16v on irish plates , originally UK H reg

107,000 miles

Nugget Yellow colour

Interior and exterior in decent condition

Electric cloth recaro seats 

Service history

Has been parked up for a number of years

10 hours ago, Crusader said:

How much is this corrado worth at the moment ?

1991 1.8 16v on irish plates , originally UK H reg

107,000 miles

Nugget Yellow colour

Interior and exterior in decent condition

Electric cloth recaro seats - Grey with purple, blue and green stitching

Service history

Has been parked up for a number of years

20200607_124022.thumb.jpg.990b5c07c37a135e4e212745ad367269.jpgLots of paperwork. Exterior is in fair condition. Overall very solid. Interior is in very good condition overall with the recaro seats being in very good condition. No rips or tears in the bolsters at all or anywhere. They are unmarked. Very rare in this condition20200607_124022.thumb.jpg.990b5c07c37a135e4e212745ad367269.jpg20200607_124047.thumb.jpg.f1ef9b84ae0008a1a31b2c6fdaaa323c.jpg

20200607_124110.jpg

20200607_124158.jpg

20200607_124230.jpg

20200607_125153.jpg

20200607_125209.jpg

20200607_125619.jpg

20200607_130042.jpg

Screenshot_20200608-130119.png

Screenshot_20200608-130228.png

Screenshot_20200608-131607.png

Hard to say without viewing about worth. But the photos show a not so good looking passenger wing. This would indicate it’s not been in a garage for years so underneath could be as bad in certain stonechip unprotected areas. You don’t mention it starts and runs like a dream so you have to presume it doesn’t. 
Sell and/or swap the seats. 
Sell the car min £1200 unless ya going to keep n fix it up. 

7 minutes ago, Crusader said:

How do you make that out @Keyo ?

This one took some time to sell due mainly to location, some people won travel out of their county let alone fly and ferry back an unroadworthy car.

I flew to the IOM and bought a Corrado back via the ferry to Cheshire, I've bought cars from Sunderland, Harrogate and Scarborough and spares from Somerset and the lake district, but I'm an oddball

I went to get my present car from the IOM. and it was an experience driving on and off the ferry to an awaiting transporter. Worth more if it runs nice and looks good 😉 

Mine didn’t run good and looked a bit neglected by the way. 
But it was priced accordingly and I thought worth the effort. 

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Got ya ! With exiting Europe I I  imagine exporting a car from Ireland will be even more of a ball ache sooner or later. By the looks of this yellow nugget for sale it has lived a lot of its lift not to far from the Irish cost. 

You got to laugh when the penny dropped Keyo, come on tell

24 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I went to get my present car from the IOM. and it was an experience driving on and off the ferry to an awaiting transporter. Worth more if it runs nice and looks good 😉 

Mine wouldn't idle, handbrake seized, battery had been charged but was an unknown quantity, ABS light a glowin and after manipulating all those upper deck girder / supports they parked me at the very front f the ferry on a ramp and a Lotus Elise right on my back bumper - its a good job they chocked the wheels!

2 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Im not sure I would buy a car from there to be honest, your never far from the salt water on a small island.  I actually look to see if a car has lived by the coast if buying used- my Dads Toyota pick up only a few years started to rust like know ones business on the West Coast of Ireland Co Kerry .  Mind you he use to drive it on the beach collection drift wood for log burner. 

They don't use road salt, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

No MOTs either lol

Mines not perfect but not salt ridden. It’s a small island. Not many miles and even less fast ones, although no speed limit on some roads. 54k miles on it when I bought mine 

Back to the original query, and to state the bleeding obvious, the car is worth what someone will pay. So this one has plus points of smart recaros, reported service history, and lowish miles. All good. Less good is location, which as Keyo says will deter some people; visible exterior condition- which hints at greater hidden problems, and the fact that it has been “parked up” for some time. In between is marmite colour- some will love (me included 👍🏻) but some will not.  Sadly ( for me at least), looks like good prime cut for a corrado butcher- as the seats alone should cover the cost if you don’t overpay. But for someone who wants to drive and restore it, that’s potentially a deep money pit, and a long term commitment. If a butcher, I would go to £1500; if a corrado lover a little more... with my heart ruling my head. But take the Ireland factor into account as well. FWIW, I would take a punt at £1350, meet at English port with a truck, and pay the ferry cost😀. And I suspect you would get better offers than that. Maybe a longish ad on EBay is the way to go, with a reserve to cover your bare minimum?

Mine wouldn't idle, handbrake seized, battery had been charged but was an unknown quantity, ABS light a glowin and after manipulating all those upper deck girder / supports they parked me at the very front f the ferry on a ramp and a Lotus Elise right on my back bumper - its a good job they chocked the wheels!

Found a few pics on the ferry

29bdc91cc44215551fe32623e70eef5f.jpg

686ddeaadb7b123439c85165116b97e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Dox said:

Found a few pics on the ferry

29bdc91cc44215551fe32623e70eef5f.jpg

686ddeaadb7b123439c85165116b97e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooo I’ve got one of just before boarding. They pulled us out of the line because we had battery issues and let us prepare in the blue building infront A03B67BF-05A5-483C-8EE4-6EFB360F9137.thumb.jpeg.e13b76157b9d07453577e959b6cc29cd.jpegof the traffic que. 

3 minutes ago, bigpants baby said:

The interior alone has to be worth £1k

More than that I reckon. Set of standard leather on Facebook at the moment for £1200!!!!! 😲

11 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Oooo I’ve got one of just before boarding. They pulled us out of the line because we had battery issues and let us prepare in the blue building infront A03B67BF-05A5-483C-8EE4-6EFB360F9137.thumb.jpeg.e13b76157b9d07453577e959b6cc29cd.jpegof the traffic que. 

Love the exhaust Dox wish mine had the angle on it - Chris L supersprint seems the way forward for OE look. What colour is looks great.   Ive got something coming over on a Ferry for my Corrado  shortly, lets hope they remember to shut the loading bay gates otherwise knowing my luck they will end up on beach and  Shaun will get them ! 

Edited by Keyo

2 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Cars only worth buying for the interior and that is exactly why it will be purchased nothing else as to far gone by the looks of it. 

Why? Ok it's a KR, but aside from a wing and bit of paint on the front bumper it doesn't look that bad. It's been off the road for a number of years granted and it's not a great ad, but that doesn't mean it's unsalvageable, far from it. Some people want a project and will be happy to pay 2 -2.5k (which is my estimate of it from the pics) for something they can slowly restore. It's not always about end gain, appreciation or the investment, it's about enjoying the hobby and someone will only have a budget that will stretch so far to begin with. It's a decent enough starter for someone and if they swap the Recaros for a set of leather in fair condition, it'll look like a bargain. I've been in ownership long enough to know what can and can't be done with a bit of knowhow and enthusiasm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Why? Ok it's a KR, but aside from a wing and bit of paint on the front bumper it doesn't look that bad. It's been off the road for a number of years granted and it's not a great ad, but that doesn't mean it's unsalvageable, far from it. Some people want a project and will be happy to pay 2 -2.5k (which is my estimate of it from the pics) for something they can slowly restore. It's not always about end gain, appreciation or the investment, it's about enjoying the hobby and someone will only have a budget that will stretch so far to begin with. It's a decent enough starter for someone and if they swap the Recaros for a set of leather in fair condition, it'll look like a bargain. I've been in ownership long enough to know what can and can't be done with a bit of knowhow and enthusiasm.

Totally agree, about £1250 for the seats and the same for the car. But you’d be hard pressed to achieve that in one go in Ireland. 

Early bumpers, early wings and late bonnet?

Nuggets are sort after, so maybe that would spur someone to travel?