Cressa

New cat 1 alarm system thoughts

So I am wanting to replace my 25 year old, one key fob!! Alarm system with something I can trust.

I thought this was simple as I wanted a toad ai606  system. I contacted a guy near me and have been informed they aren't made anymore, but if I could get one he will fit it.

I have contacted other companies with no response and even the guy on ebay (southern car security) does not have any, even though they are still advertised.

So, what good category 1 system do you have or would recommend,  that is available. Or so you know someone that has one for sale.

I was offered a laserline system but it has ugly square grey interior sensors..., so that's a No No

My car isnt coming out of the garage until this is done💥

Mate you can still get an AI606 off ebay but the price has doubled in the last 9 months by the looks of it.

Cheers Keyo, but I had tried that guy. Advertised but does not have any. Thanks tho mate

13 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Cheers Keyo, but I had tried that guy. Advertised but does not have any. Thanks tho mate

My advice chap is call them direct and ask them a distributor that has one for sale ot indeed they can sell you one direct- also a chance to see there other Cat 1 packages- they also own scorpion. 

http://toadalarm.com/product-category/car-security/

Also try that ceds alarm In Brum he has a fair few in stock- he dont do mobile fitting though. 

Edited by Keyo

If you open up the fob is there a sticker inside stating the frequency it works off (###MHZ)?

I'm sure at one time you could have clones made?

Solder looks dry on tr1? But it is a bit blurry.

usually it’s on a sticker inside the case? It does look like they’ve been resoldered before?

Quite interested in this as I desperately need to replace my Scorpion alarm! I've fitted the AI606 to my previous 2 Corrado's but open to other options ..

14 hours ago, Cressa said:

How long ago? I have spoken to him and he said none available,  even though there are lots of adverts on ebay

Ah sorry, about 18 months back. Doesn't really help i guess..

Managed to get one off Ebay.  Just need to decide whether I remove the old and fit this, or I get an installer to do it. 

My garage is cold..

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

Managed to get one off Ebay.  Just need to decide whether I remove the old and fit this, or I get an installer to do it. 

My garage is cold..

Going rate is about £100 - 150 for mobile installation if local - at least you get a Thatcham certificate completed off a recognised installer for insurance purposes.  

Agreed 👍 I'm just fussy about removing all the trim etc so that nothing gets botched or broken.  As a nice touch I relocated my old led to the blank at the heated window switch, so I need to do the finishing touches