Dox

N164CWG Historics auction

Yeah has been 3 previous members. The second of those bought it up to show standard, but it's been round the houses since then with shithouse dealers. Still looks in very good shape though.

Edited by seanl82

I’d be surprised if it sells, bare in mind an auctioneer car run bids up to reserve and you might not get a real bid. I’ve bought from historics and watched a few online, many don’t sell live, but have offers accepted afterwards. Estimate can be different to The reserve too.

I saw this one on Ebay the other day - it really does look great. Also seen some more details on the facebook page saying the car was bought up to show standard is as good underneath as it is outside. I would hope that car makes at least £15-17k. Great spec, nice colour, original and we need these halo cars to make our own cars that each of us has put blood, sweat and copious amounts of money into worth it. Not becuase you might want to sell it but to give the car the value it deserves to recongnise the effort we put it , the car's rarity and should you have an accident you'll stand a better chance of getting a decent value back - these cars aren't worth £1500 anymore.

Its only done around 5K miles since I had it briefly in June/July 2014.

At least it has been used, but the miles haven't been piled on it.

Must have had 5 or 6 owners now

15 K car at least in that condition- mileage and Recaro seats _ gauges- also a desired colour combo . 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

15 K car at least in that condition- mileage and Recaro seats _ gauges- also a desired colour combo . 

i was of those very thoughts to keyo - its great for us if it does as it bodes well for agreed value insurance

1 hour ago, Dox said:

£15,500 plus 10%

Hey Docs not a bad estimate by me mate hey 😉  . 

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

great auction price achieved!!

good for us long term owners & bodes well for agreed value insurance

Prices have increased for the better  which is great news for those spending money on renovating them - means your not completely out of pocket if you wanted to sell on in the future- if my garage does not pass planning  I may seriously have to think about my mk2 golf 16V and Corrado because they are getting to point that they are to valuable to to sit on a driveway with no cover especially with obsolete parts endlessly inflating in price- my insurance is up for renewal in October and I will let you know goldfinger what Lancaster agreed chap . I think if you sold your car as well a valuation certificate in the advert is a good thing to display. 

Ive been doing a bit of a midlife refresh on the 997 and I can honestly say many of the parts are cheaper then the corrado and Porsche have a very good classics department - much better then VW even though they are owned by them ha !  The 997 is very well protected from the elements and has a full plastic tray under belly bar the engine- only catch is if the engine goes belly up- very important in them to warm them up to 90 before going over 2k revs. 

Edited by Keyo

Am I the only one to think that prices are anything but consistent ? 

Given the amount of hype Storms get, I’ve seen them sit on the “private listing” shelf at sub £10k. Yet auctions seem to be commanding premium results.

Three months ago, you could sell any old dog for double money (Furlough/boredom money). This month there’s a dirth of cars hitting the market (paranoia/back down to earth money). Yet the auctions are still pinging off top line results.

I’m not complaining, as I’m neither entering or exiting the market. But more like trying to get a handle on values.

Discuss...