ben_wooduk

BBS RS

4 x 100, so worth as much as most peoples 4 pots? They'd look nice on your MK2 Keyo?

Nice but I'd be too scared to use them

1 hour ago, Dox said:

4 x 100, so worth as much as most peoples 4 pots? They'd look nice on your MK2 Keyo?

Nice but I'd be too scared to use them

Yeah there nice chap but I aint spending that sort of money on alloys and also not polishing them wheels every week would rather drive the car in my spare time 😉 

To be honest the stock BBS RA are just right for a Mk2 and hard to beat and cheap ! What I would like is a set of Sebrings so I can interchange the alloys and take the other set to tyre fitters so they dont cause damage sills jacking- they are sods round here for doing that even if you tell where to jack will be ignored. 

I had these real special BBS in 7 j can be identified by the small holes and deep dish- sold them on for £850 to raise funds and the Mk2 crowed were fighting over them - the perfect OE plus alloy and were an E30 upgrade to - much rarer then RS and the older lads long term owners craze for them  as remember them from the 80s show days. 

I do have a beautiful set of refurbished BBS RA with caps if anyone wants to swap an unmolested set of sebrings. 

bbsra.jpg

bbsra1.jpg

Edited by Keyo

RAs are great looking wheels, a shame they're not available in 5x100 - certainly I've never seen any

31 minutes ago, fla said:

RAs are great looking wheels, a shame they're not available in 5x100 - certainly I've never seen any

Ive never seen a set of BBS RA 5 stud unfortunately the closest you will get to RA is some BBS Mahle 5 studs but these come in mostly Porsche and Merc fitment- and 7j  astonishingly handsome alloy  and have thick lips =  look drop dead on Lorinser kit. 

A very rare alloy that 

bbs mahle.jpg

very smart. 

The nice think about the RAs is the protruding nature of the pattern combined with a nice lip.  The Mahles above are flat, but still a handsome wheel no doubt.

TBF, I think if I could actually bring myself to spend that much on wheels (which I most definitely couldn't!) I'd almost certainly get bored of cleaning them very quickly! 

I think at this point, the only wheel I would buy is a replica 16" speedline, would absolutely love a set to keep the standard... Ish look.

Edited by ben_wooduk

1 hour ago, ben_wooduk said:

TBF, I think if I could actually bring myself to spend that much on wheels (which I most definitely couldn't!) I'd almost certainly get bored of cleaning them very quickly! 

I think at this point, the only wheel I would buy is a replica 16" speedline, would absolutely love a set to keep the standard... Ish look.

Ben MJA purchased a nice set recently, money was very reasonable and new from Speedline direct - was about £650 I think 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Ben MJA purchased a nice set recently, money was very reasonable and new from Speedline direct - was about £650 I think 

You have my attention!

Cheers Keyo, I'll do a bit of stalking to see if I can find any pictures 😀😀

On 1/25/2021 at 8:06 PM, fla said:

very smart. 

The nice think about the RAs is the protruding nature of the pattern combined with a nice lip.  The Mahles above are flat, but still a handsome wheel no doubt.

Learn a new thing everyday. 

5 stud BBS RA 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BBS-RA-300-7JX15-ET45-5X112-AUDI-VOLKSWAGEN-TRANSPORTER-T4/133512082961?hash=item1f15f0b611:g:c04AAOSwZu9fU6QR

raa.jpg

Edited by Keyo

1 minute ago, fla said:

Just wondering if its worth getting some adapters to fit 4 stud wheels...

Im with you my favourite alloys are always 4 stud. 

Edited by Keyo

14 hours ago, Keyo said:

they look nice

i brought myself some zender star's late last year in a 15" 4*100 - same as the ones in the image

dscn2764edit1.jpg

40 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

they look nice

i brought myself some zender star's late last year in a 15" 4*100 - same as the ones in the image

dscn2764edit1.jpg

Nice chap I think you will see these doubling in price over the next couple of years. 

Now these are proper BBS racing alloys- these are so rare at 3k they are a bargain compared to normal RS (not saying they are cheap just compared to RS. 

Centre lock magnesium racing bbs alloys. These are a different league then RS. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-BBS-Motorsport-E50-Centre-Lock-Magnesium-Audi-DTM-Wheels-VGC-Very-Rare-VW/184615914773?hash=item2afbf74d15:g:s-4AAOSwMlNf-2kF

Edited by Keyo

Wow, more than I paid for my car. I would only drill them out to fit my cars 5 stud. NOOOO