Keyo

NOS Audioscapes

late model ones too & brand new - these may command a hefty sum!

crazy really when i couldnt sell an entire corrado for 2 grand lol

3 hours ago, Keyo said:

Am I the only one that bids in the last 10 seconds. 😅

No

1 hour ago, blue95 said:

Damn best get my set listed 🙂

Are yours new as well mate= does right move have listings in the Maldives 😂

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

late model ones too & brand new - these may command a hefty sum!

crazy really when i couldnt sell an entire corrado for 2 grand lol

If you had the other Kamei trim I reckon you could sold the kit alone for very strong money- talking of trims has anyone ever come across a Bonrath lower splitter. 

Iv'e got a pair of these Audioscape pods and often thought about seeing if i can reproduce them, (i work in the woodworking trade) so wouldn't be too hard i reckon. I may re visit this idea!!

Right dug mine out of the garage and gave them a clean, they look slighlty different to the  ebay ones....did nyone else make late door pods?

14 minutes ago, blue95 said:

Right dug mine out of the garage and gave them a clean, they look slighlty different to the  ebay ones....did nyone else make late door pods?

Put a picture up they also made them for Mk2 golfs, some fords and BMW . 

Right defo Corrado.....appear to be not as felted 🙂 on the inside

11.JPG

22.JPG

33.JPG

Edited by blue95

8 minutes ago, blue95 said:

Right defo Corrado.....

11.JPG

22.JPG

33.JPG

Interesting the audioscapes are fibreglass on the inside - these look like a repaired set or even a prototype.   The  external looks spot on.  They will be very heavy now- somone would still buy them but at a less of a premium.  

Edited by Keyo

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Interesting the audioscapes are fibreglass on the inside - these look like a repaired set or even a prototype.   The  exctrenal looks spot. 

Yep, the external seems to be fibreglass with mdf internal + some kind of wood filler , the finish on the covering is spot on looks 100%

Edited by blue95

Just now, blue95 said:

Yep, the external seems to be fibreglass with mdf internal + some kind of wood filler , the finish on the covering is spot on looks 100%

Have you the speaker grills as that will also affect value .  The decals Me and another have a batch coming over from Renewart if missing,. 

audiscape.jpg

9 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Have you the speaker grills as that will also affect value .  The decals Me and another have a batch coming over from Renewart if missing,. 

audiscape.jpg

No speaker grills it had some dyno audio speakers fitted with replacement grills......I had a set of matching tweeter holders as well, cant seem to find them though, they went on the top of the door here:  lol wonder if these were protoypes

44.png

Edited by blue95

Probably not thinking about it as im sure they made some early ones first without window switch housing - not sure to be honest, If you cant find the grills buy something like this 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-MESH-SPEAKER-GRILLS-6-5-DIAMETER-PAIR/124520930626?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Then do a small stamp into the grill to house audioscapes decal will be around £15 a pair delivered. Pete Aspery contact him on FB if you want a set of the decals. Could also paint the wood or get some cheap self adhesive velvet off ebay.  

8 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Probably not thinking about it as im sure they made some early ones first without window switch housing - not sure to be honest, If you cant find the grills buy something like this 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-MESH-SPEAKER-GRILLS-6-5-DIAMETER-PAIR/124520930626?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Then do a small stamp into the grill to house audioscapes decal will be around £15 a pair delivered. Pete Aspery contact him on FB if you want a set of the decals. Could also paint the wood or get some cheap self adhesive velvet off ebay.  

Cheers might just do that, having a quick measure again it looks like these will need a 7" speaker cover so 6.5" speaker, assume all audioscapes are built for 6.5" speakers?

Edited by blue95

8 minutes ago, blue95 said:

Cheers might just do that, having a quick measure again it looks like these will need a 7" speaker cover so 6.5" speaker, assume all audioscapes are built for 6.5" speakers?

I recently refurbished the pocket with this stuff was perfect- picture of back of mine below. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Velvet-Vinyl-Car-Fur-Wrap-Sticker-Air-Bubble-Free-Adhesive-Decals-V/262800048342?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=561795883107&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Was also tempted to do my glovebox shelf in it as well . 

audio2.jpg

Edited by Keyo

2 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Cheers, will trim it up, msgd Pete as wel  ;)....mine defo is the same casing but appears to have been modded, or as mentioned is a prototype?

Just now, blue95 said:

Cheers, will trim it up, msgd Pete as wel  ;)....mine defo is the same casing but appears to have been modded, or as mentioned is a prototype?

In regards to speaker size you had to ask audioscape to cut out size od speaker otherwise they would come holeless and you would cut the size yourself to suit- (6.5 I think) was pretty much the biggest size you could ask to be cut so maybe cutting out the 7 inch caused the issues . 

Just now, Keyo said:

In regards to speaker size you had to ask audioscape to cut out size od speaker otherwise they would come holeless and you would cut the size yourself to suit- (6.5 I think) was pretty much the biggest size you could ask to be cut so maybe cutting out the 7 inch caused the issues . 

Cheers, been a usefull chat 🙂 i really do need to find the tweeter holders now!

53 minutes ago, culshaw said:

Holy moly £550, one blue whale jumped in a puddle there

A lot of money indeed but as they were £300 new 15 or more years ago inflation would be about correct in todays money £550. so comparative as the ones for sale were also new.  . 

P.s it weren't me I got a second hand set !  

Edited by Keyo

Beauty and value are in the eye of the beholder. Obviously the buyer loved them soooooo much he sold a kidney to buy them.