Keyo

Gilkes Cafe Kineton meet .

Hi everyone .

Gilkes cafe mini forum meet . 

Date Sunday 27th June .  11.00 am. 

Would be great to catch up and see some of the members cars - hope a few of you can make it - this is only been advertised on the forum . 

https://gilksgaragecafe.com/menu/

1E573DA4-5672-41EC-AC77-5EDE6C61D9C5.png

Edited by Keyo

damn it - i cant make that one as currently rota'd on for a 12 till 8 that day

i can try & change the shift but could make the week after on 27th

I’d be up for this Keyo,are you getting the Mega breakfast baps in ?😉

Update meet is now been moved back to the 27 th June because its fathers day on 20 th.

11.00 kick off . 

I recommend the cheese Burgers guys-  I mean best one I ever had - no worries Nmd I will get you your breakfast bap as long as Mike Brewer does not get there first and depletes stocks  👍 

Goldfinger your good now. 

Edited by Keyo

tidy - yeah all good now

not sure which car i will have at that point though but still be good to say hi 🙂

6 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

have we got a good idea of numbers for sunday?

Yes it’s a goer mate - I’m coming up and my mates aqua blue - it’s not a large place so small numbers is ideal to be honest - you got  your blackberry back now mate ?  It’s  really cool to see a few other cars there then vag . 

I dare say my mate has invited a. Couple  of the lads from stealth - of course Mike brewer likes a cheese burger there so his normally about and volkswizard . 

Edited by Keyo

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Yes it’s a goer mate - I’m coming up and my mates aqua blue - it’s not a large place so small numbers is ideal to be honest - you got  your blackberry back now mate ?  It’s  really cool to see a few other cars there then vag . 

I dare say my mate has invited a. Opulent of the lads from stealth - of course Mike brewer likes a cheese burger there so his normally about and volkswizard . 

tidy

the blackberry isnt going back to the paint shop until 12th july so i will be coming in that 😄

who is it from stealth thats coming m8?

Just now, g0ldf1ng3r said:

tidy

the blackberry isnt going back to the paint shop until 12th july so i will be coming in that 😄

who is it from stealth thats coming m8?

The two mechanics Conner and the other one normally pop up as my mate Robin has close connections there - he actually purchased the rolling road years back . 

Looking forward to seeing a Rado Kamei in the flesh . 

2 minutes ago, Keyo said:

The two mechanics Conner and the other one normally pop up as my mate Robin has close connections there - he actually purchased the rolling road years back . 

did robin used to work there? (or does work there)

if he did/does i think it was him who spotted my 16v when it popped up on ebay when i brought it for the 2nd time

36 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

did robin used to work there? (or does work there)

if he did/does i think it was him who spotted my 16v when it popped up on ebay when i brought it for the 2nd time

He just hangs out there really his in his 60s - him and Vince go back a long way back from the Mk2 days when they was poppiing turbos on to them, Robins old Mk2 form back in the early 2000s had a vwms gear box and was running 200 bhp - he sold it to a young work colleague that write it off a week later- when he found out he rushed to the scrapyard to salvage the parts but by then the car was a cube unfortunately. 

Edited by Keyo

Thanks for the few that came today. 

Users blue vr6 - black magic and supercharged.  South 

Goldfinger - Blackberry VR Kamei kit Midlands

Robin - aqua blue VR Schrick VGI Midlands

NMDSEC - green ( not sure of code)  VR Supercharged. South west  

Sorry been lazy with the camera . Some quite special cars to be fair with some nice parts. 

Edited by Keyo

Thanks for organising this Keyo,great to meet everyone and some awe inspiring cars,lovely intimate venue,can recommend the breakfast,look forward to the next one 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

Thanks for organising this Keyo,great to meet everyone and some awe inspiring cars,lovely intimate venue,can recommend the breakfast,look forward to the next one 👍🏻

Thanks for making the long distance- really does give an opportunity to give the car a good drive. 

3 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

What no photos.

What kind of meeting is that😥

Was too busy looking at Kamei kits and superchargers  😅 I should have took a few admittedly.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, Keyo said:

Thanks for the few that came today. 

Users blue vr6 - black magic and supercharged.  South 

Goldfinger - Blackberry VR Kamei kit Midlands

Robin - aqua blue VR Schrick VGI Midlands

NMDSEC - green ( not sure of code)  VR Supercharged. South west  

Sorry been lazy with the camera . Some quite special cars to be fair with some nice parts. 

nice to meet those that attended & some tasty kit for viewing

i didnt take any pictures either though lol

18 hours ago, fla said:

Superchargers sound good. Anyone with a rotrex? 

There was a Vortex one mate I think with a blue plate- looked very well engineered . 

It’s not too late, you could always upload a few of your own? I mean all of you