ardandy

I’m back! Maybe.

I think it’s being over 10 years since Corrado-ness left my life but now I’ve got a lot of money ‘maybe’ for another one. 

Not sure to find a minter or one that needs work and get a minter that way? 🤷‍♂️

You’ve probably got a lot of money because you haven’t had a Corrado for a decade 😂😂😂

That car is nice and does look to have had a huge amount of work done. But top dollar. For that price I would have wanted a Recaro interior too.  I would be surprised if it sells for that but good luck to him if it does.. 

Message them 

isn't that one ChrisL's previous car?  Our car database guru Dox will no doubt be able to confirm (or deny!)

26 minutes ago, fla said:

isn't that one ChrisL's previous car?  Our car database guru Dox will no doubt be able to confirm (or deny!)

Don’t think it’s the same one and Chris’s had recaros I think 

3 hours ago, ardandy said:

Aqua Blue VR6!

This is mint but seems overpriced??

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1323257

Seen this go up for sale a couple of weeks back. The guy posts on Corrado club page on Facebook, I believe he’s just got it back on the road as he’s done it up. Looks nice in the photos, like cressa says though, I’d want a better interior for that money. 

30 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Seen this go up for sale a couple of weeks back. The guy posts on Corrado club page on Facebook, I believe he’s just got it back on the road as he’s done it up. Looks nice in the photos, like cressa says though, I’d want a better interior for that money. 

Looks a good car- but come on where are the engine trims-  your asking top money make sure the car it is complete-as I want the car sorted for that money- you need to watch out for high price cars they  still dont need 5 k spending on them - really need to give the car a thorough inspection and make sure the asking price is valid. 

Edited by Keyo

Buy a minter or buy a cheap one and make mint?

I imagine buying one that’s already done will be ultimately cheaper. 

37 minutes ago, ardandy said:

Buy a minter or buy a cheap one and make mint?

I imagine buying one that’s already done will be ultimately cheaper. 

If you can get one with no rot on the body and leather interior that does not need a spray job for around 6 or 7 k that should leave you plenty to spend on the drive train- If you can be patient hold of for some recaro as they are hard to find and sell for 2 k alone. . 

On 5/31/2021 at 11:33 AM, ardandy said:

I think it’s being over 10 years since Corrado-ness left my life but now I’ve got a lot of money ‘maybe’ for another one. 

Not sure to find a minter or one that needs work and get a minter that way? 🤷‍♂️

What were your sensible reasons for getting rid before? The devil on your shoulder is saying too much to you 😈

But that car is a nice example, so go see it. I wouldn't like to throw that sort of money at it without seeing it

Or is because I would buy a clubsport GTI instead 😊

The car in the pics is a nice example but the interior holds it back and even worse, looking at the pattern on the rear seats it looks like it used to have cloth recaros. 

47 minutes ago, MJA said:

The car in the pics is a nice example but the interior holds it back and even worse, looking at the pattern on the rear seats it looks like it used to have cloth recaros. 

👀 Great spot.  

50 minutes ago, MJA said:

Looking at the pictures the interior rear bench and seats are a different cloth pattern- that needs sorting before asking this money. I think the seller is trying to get back what he is into the car and maybe more- unfortunately the maths never work on a corrado restoration at present unless your a dealer and get a garage queen off an OAP who dont know what they are worth and rip them off- all to common and they even pretend to be enthusiast as well sometimes the blag artists- makes you puke thinking of them sniffing around the groups trying to build bridges pre sale. 

Edited by Keyo

10 hours ago, Cressa said:

What were your sensible reasons for getting rid before? The devil on your shoulder is saying too much to you 😈

But that car is a nice example, so go see it. I wouldn't like to throw that sort of money at it without seeing it

Or is because I would buy a clubsport GTI instead 😊

Got rid last time due to impending child!

Shes 11 in Sept! 😲

19 minutes ago, ardandy said:

Got rid last time due to impending child!

Shes 11 in Sept! 😲

I bet you didn’t get much for it over a decade ago. That would be about the time I bought my Aqua. I think mint ones with recaros were going for £6k tops

This could be a good one- says its fully been rebuilt up - obviously need to ask the seller the right questions to see if it is a good car - mentions 4k on an engine or if he means that whet he has spent on the car to rebuild it up then - he has just done a minor over haul. Bad advert as does not detail what they have done to the car - notice the reg plate is blanked to so make sure its not a cat car. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/905571026181280

2 hours ago, Cressa said:

I'm not on Facebook so cant see it 🙃

Also a solid looking white VR came on today as well for 11k - looks an honest car but has basic interior and maybe a Little over priced by seller. 

Edited by Keyo

G60 - with new paint - looks a very well sorted car- I mean an unmodified early G60 with 7 slat grill and BBS RZ is a very nice thing right . Would be all over this - high mileage yes but looks to be in better nick then a sub 100 k car.  I would get some sebrings on there would look mint. 

You could pick up a seat cheap and now Krado sells the sunroof repair kits- . a lot of bottle from seller putting this up with no reserve- he must be at 10 - 15 k into this car.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174792636706#viTabs_0

Edited by Keyo

I saw that one too. Good looking motor which seems to have been looked after

Edited by Cressa

2 minutes ago, Cressa said:

I saw that one too. Good looking motor which seems to have been looked after

It must be painful for the seller- to spend all that money for someone else to get shortly after to enjoy all the hard work and thousands spent on the renovation.