Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

15 MPG on the MFA!

Guys, since filling up with fuel this afternoon i've been getting a very low reading after reseting the MFA, car feels fine and no real increase in consumption or smell of fuel etc.. I take it i've just got a vac pipe come off somewhere???

Bit late to look at now but if someone can give me a few pointers I'll have a look once I get to work tomorrow... I know there is a pipe that runs to the clocks, can that be got at without taking them out??

Lambda probe? :wink:

Fuel consumption reading in MFA is done by vaccum calculations.

Put the MFA in the hidden mode and see the vaccum readings you´re getting from idle to running.

If they are OK then you might have a dodgy MFA (bleeded capacitors pherhaps, it happened to me).

If the readings are NOT normal, then vaccum line to the MFA might be blocked or even leaking...

The point is, with a faulty lambda the engine may be running very rich, and might *actually* be running at 15mpg...

Much more likely to be the vacuum connections though as you would surely know if you were running that rich. The same thing happened to my Mk 2 golf, but never got round to changing it. But if i remeber correctly, you will need to take out the clocks out.

Cheers guys, It was a nice easy one for once, found the small black hose from the TB had come off its 90 degree pipe elbow, cable tie'd it and MPG back where it should be 8)