AndyP95VR6

Newbie Oldie or the other way round?

Welcome along, there aren’t many one owner cars out there . Would be nice to see a few pictures 👍😁

9 minutes ago, easypops said:

Welcome along, there aren’t many one owner cars out there . Would be nice to see a few pictures 👍😁

I'll have to find out how to do that!  Looks like I can only post links here?

Welcome to the forum, some coincidence that I spoke to a guy earlier this week has owned a G60 since new in 93!

How's the Storm been to you over the years, many challenges along the way? Looks like mine with the bump strips removed, same thing as me, couldn't face putting them back on after a paint job?

Welcome and good to hear of a 1 owner car. Let us know the story of the car over those years - any major works or fun times 🙂 ?

Can’t be many of you one owners left. Looks like you’ve been looking after it well too. I’m guessing coil overs to make it so pretty and some body work done at some point and didn’t put the bump strips back as you liked the cleaner look, as do I. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, some coincidence that I spoke to a guy earlier this week has owned a G60 since new in 93!
How's the Storm been to you over the years, many challenges along the way? Looks like mine with the bump strips removed, same thing as me, couldn't face putting them back on after a paint job?
TBH the biggest challenge was considering whether to sell or renovate in 2017/2018, when our Golf TDI was freed up as a daily driver and the age was starting to show in MOT advisories with some niggles in daily use. But after so long the Corrado is like a member of the family so we (big financial decision...not a maintenance expert) kept her and did a total renovation of mechanicals and bodywork. The BBS Solitudes are the originals refurbed but the centre caps were looking jaded and I haven't felt the urge to source replacements. I guess you also decided the look is sleeker without the rub strips, which don't stop much rubbing anyway, they're in the garage in case I change my mind. Including a photo of pre paint job with the strips still in place, you can see the dinks in the door that were not stopped by the strips. I'm still loving the look of the car after 26 years.Corrado 2018.jpg

I have the protective strip decision to make as I collect my car from paint this week - I will be putting some ABT rep side skirts on so in in all likelihood will leave them off. On my VR that is black I left them off as they always look crap on an a  black car. 

• Like 1