UKLonar

New owner - 95 Aqua blue VR6

24 minutes ago, UKLonar said:

Checked in VCDS and used my multimeter to confirm. Both rear speed sensors are knackered by the looks.

Where's the best place to get 2 new sensors and reluctor rings (if it makes sense to replace too)?

Euros is over a 100 quid!

If the sensors were short or open circuit the light would be on the dash?

Does your light come on when you turn the ignition on? Then go off after it’s self check?

37 minutes ago, Dox said:

If the sensors were short or open circuit the light would be on the dash?

Does your light come on when you turn the ignition on? Then go off after it’s self check?

The light doesn't come on immediately but does turn on and stay on after some driving.

It does turn on and turn off during the self check.

1 hour ago, UKLonar said:

The light doesn't come on immediately but does turn on and stay on after some driving.

It does turn on and turn off during the self check.

I'f the system is as it left the factory and is a UK car and the self check is as normal (IGN on - light on - self check - light off) the system is declaring the wiring and sensors OK?

What codes do you get?

If the system is more relliable when the engine bay is hot - suspect dry solder joints on the pumps PCB

If the light appears during / after braking suspect the pedal position sensor (this again is dry solder joints and is a DIY fix - I'd do this first anyway and there's no need to break into the brake hydraulics.

24 minutes ago, Dox said:

I'f the system is as it left the factory and is a UK car and the self check is as normal (IGN on - light on - self check - light off) the system is declaring the wiring and sensors OK?

What codes do you get?

Friday, 29 October 2021, 16:58:06.
VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.2
Control Module Part Number: 1H0 907 379 E
  Component and/or Version: ABS/EDS TEVES 04
           Software Coding:
            Work Shop Code:
                      VCID: 311596C7E831
2 Faults Found:
00290 -  ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Left (G46)
        04-00 -  Mechanical Malfunction
00287 -  ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Right (G44)

The light only tends to appear once driving for some time, so temp would be up in bay.

Where's the best place to get new sensors? Should I change the reluctor rings at the same time?

Edited by UKLonar

43 minutes ago, UKLonar said:

Friday, 29 October 2021, 16:58:06.
VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.2
Control Module Part Number: 1H0 907 379 E
  Component and/or Version: ABS/EDS TEVES 04
           Software Coding:
            Work Shop Code:
                      VCID: 311596C7E831
2 Faults Found:
00290 -  ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Left (G46)
00287 -  ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Right (G44)

The light only tends to appear once driving for some time, so temp would be up in bay.

Where's the best place to get new sensors? Should I change the reluctor rings at the same time?

I got some last year off of EBay. They were TRW ones. You want the shorter ones as the longer ones were for the Passat I think. 

https://www.trwaftermarket.com/en/catalogue/#market=gb&vehicleType=P&manufacturerId=121&modelId=3887&vehicleId=|1755%2CFront Wheel Drive (08%2F91 -> 12%2F95%3B 190HP %2F 140KW)&productGroupId=412

Clear the codes and drive the car to see if they return, they could be old codes from your fiddling?

pedal sensor would be my first point of call for the intermittent light

10 minutes ago, Dox said:

Clear the codes and drive the car to see if they return, they could be old codes from your fiddling?

pedal sensor would be my first point of call for the intermittent light

These codes are from after I'd cleared them the first time. They were also present the first time I scanned the car so definitely something at fault.

If new sensors don't do the trick, pedal sensor is next up I suppose!

7 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Any joy with this yet ?

Not yet mate. I've got the sensors to do on the back still, hopefully that'll sort it.

Long time since the last update, I've a few things left to sort out but have done a few bits.

I changed the plastic seat guides on the drivers seat to stop it from rocking left and right so much, made quite the difference for a 2 quid piece of plastic!

I also fitted Audi TT wiper arms and 20" Bosch aero blades, whilst doing this I replaced all the washer hose under the bonnet. What a world of difference, I'd recommend this upgrade to anyone!

I've gone around underneath to check for any surface rust too, only finding a few bits here and there. I've rubbed these all back, treated and sealed to keep it tidy for years to come.

I suppose the biggest difference is new wheels, which are BBS RX201 I believe. I bought these as the RH wheels unfortunately developed a slow leak from a split bolt.

IGbMx8u.jpg

Few bits to sort next, then I'd have thought it'll be up for sale shortly after.

Edited by UKLonar