VR6Knight

Very Scary noise from Cooling Fan - I think - First Post!

Hey Everyone!

Newbie here! I was worried nobody talked about these cars anymore, glad I found this place! I own 3 Corrados, all purchased this summer. I went Rado Crazy haha! 

Really scary noise coming from the cooling fan from my 92' VR6, I took a vid, trying to find out how to post!

VR6Knight

Approved and welcome to the forum. Could be that it's running at Stage 3 all the time, in which case your radiator switch might need replacing. Could also be a knackered bearing in the motor or something catching on the fan blades - both of which would need to be checked out fairly quickly as it could be wiring that's getting caught.

The best place to start for VR cooling and fan related issues is this thread here:

It breaks down how it all works, the different sensors and when they should cut in.

15 hours ago, fendervg said:

Approved and welcome to the forum. Could be that it's running at Stage 3 all the time, in which case your radiator switch might need replacing. Could also be a knackered bearing in the motor or something catching on the fan blades - both of which would need to be checked out fairly quickly as it could be wiring that's getting caught.

The best place to start for VR cooling and fan related issues is this thread here:

It breaks down how it all works, the different sensors and when they should cut in.

Check that the fan blades aren't catching the frame as that can sound horrendous when running