Dell1982

Looking for an R32 or 36 car to buy

Hi all, stepping away from the world of modern cars and coming back to my childhood classic THE CORRADO!Β 

So I want a good base car and convert or buy one done. If anyone knows of any please let me know.Β 

There is a black one for sale on ebay which isn't cheap and the wrong colour for me. Prefer the mulberry /blackberry and mystic blue.Β 

I had a dragon green 24v conversion a few years back and can't believe I sold it πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

There is no budget really, just needs to be worth the money.Β 

That is a lovely car but I only value it at Β£8k... Some ridiculous inflated prices going on and in a year or so it be worth what it's meant to be worth again.Β 

So if I'm holding it for 5 years then I don't want to throw away money.Β 

I believe a low mileage 2.9 in perfect condition to be worth as much as a 3.2. Buying a classic car collectors want a standard car... And it's only worth collectors money if its standard πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

So being a VR6 fanboy I prefer and r32 lump but it's a modified car then and not worth classic car money, only worth modified car money (what someone's willing to pay)Β 

Tbh that one for sale was a modification to the nth degree. Kip who built it didn't really cut any corners. Its a shame the pics aren't there in his build thread but you'd see the attention to detail. That said, its still strong money

A low mileage corrado now unmolested will be worth much more then any engine conversion car- prices in the last three years have seen them sellΒ from 18 - 27Β k for a low miler storm and none storms,Β well documented - 11 k for the r32 is the going rate especially with a set of recaro which sell alone for 2.5 k in a day or two - corrado have not really been inflated by covid tax its just they have reached classic car status and with some folks spending upwards of 10-20- 30 k on renovation they would rather keep the cars then give them away for peanuts- hence price increases for a sorted car. This should be no shock as its just follows the other hot hatch appreciations in other brands - such as the pug- gt turbo etcΒ  Β - many corrado now are valued on agreed insurance for 15 - 25 k so the owners will be covered what they are into the cars renovation in the event of a loss . Mine has anΒ agreedΒ  valueΒ ofΒ Β 25 k Β .Β 

Of course you can still buy a shed for 3 k but dont forget to add on the fiveΒ figure renovation bill and 3 year project.Β 

You could buyΒ the storm R32 Β and sell the Recaro on for 2.5 k and buy some stock leathers for just under 500 - and maybe get 1k knocked off the car which makes it aroundΒ an 8 k car.Β 

Edited by Keyo

I would be interested in part ex-ing my nice front black leathers for the Recaros if you did want to do a deal and make the car more compatible on it's value. PM me if and whenΒ 

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

Keyo - I think even stock leather seats are North of a grand for a good set now mate.

Sometimes you wonder what cars would could of got πŸ˜‚

On 1/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, Keyo said:

Sometimes you wonder what cars would could of got πŸ˜‚

Just stop buying stuff you don’t need πŸ€£πŸ˜‚