mnmv12

VW Heritage

What’s happened to VW Heritage these days their communication is terrible. Tried to order some springs at beginning of April and there was a problem with the website and the pricing. You can’t speak to anyone any more so you send emails that they don’t acknowledge or reply to. I knew they were reading mine because they were updating the website each time I found a problem but the never told me they fixed it I just hat to keep logging on to check. Finally managed to place an order which they did acknowledge and have waited 8wks for them to arrive from Classic Parts. Today I got a refund into my bank but no word from Heritage emailed them for explanation and nothing. VW classic spares are showing them in stock so I am a little confused. Have given up with Heritage and will now directly with Classic or via Mecatechnic. 
Very frustrating.

Yep same here - they can be hit or miss and they stock crappy pattern parts too. 

I bought a load of stuff from Classics, got stung on an import charge but when I looked at the bill i wasn't actually charged VAT on my purchase in Germany and the charge was 25% inc a handling fee. Didn't think that was that bad really. I believe bulky parts can be an issue with excessive handling charges though.

Another place to try for mechancial bits is AVS Spares in Norfolk (online mail order). Easy to use website and and if you contact him with a part number he can get parts for you - helpful chap.

"topran" says it all really - any parts place with an interest in quality shouldn't be selling that stuff.

I need rear axle bushes sadly, I thought I'd look there first. I was surprised (and dismayed) to find them offering Topran and Meyle. 

Autodoc is pretty good - can get Lemforder from there

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using Tapatalk

I've been considering them for a couple of days. i didn't know if they are reliable or not. The prices are fairly good though.

Thanks Matt.

I would say you need to wonder about a supplier that has 10 brands with mostly what looks like the same photo. Don’t know just saying my tupence

9 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I would say you need to wonder about a supplier that has 10 brands with mostly what looks like the same photo. Don’t know just saying my tupence

Yes, the websites not great.

I took the safe bet and ordered them from AVS.  I needed some other bits as well and know I'll get what I ordered.