mooG60

Ouch!

8 hours ago, Dox said:

It makes life difficult pricing your stuff as personally I don't want to sell to a reseller (I call it Chinnor tax).

'm wondering how long I should hold onto my part collection. We are under attack by the Government and classic owners are selling up because of the looming clean air zones. 

This seller says as much in his Corrado ad,  and it looks like it could be bagged even cheaper.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305058820591?hash=item4706ec31ef

14 minutes ago, mooG60 said:

'm wondering how long I should hold onto my part collection. We are under attack by the Government and classic owners are selling up because of the looming clean air zones. 

This seller says as much in his Corrado ad,  and it looks like it could be bagged even cheaper.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305058820591?hash=item4706ec31ef

I decided to sell some stuff as I’m not working atm, it’s quite addictive 😆 

there’s some stuff I won’t sell until my car has gone if it’s small / light enough to get in the garage loft.

don’t want to be paying Chinnor tax should I have a mishap…..

2 minutes ago, Dox said:

don’t want to be paying Chinnor tax should I have a mishap…..

This is my fear too.........

6 minutes ago, mooG60 said:

This is my fear too.........

It’s also time consuming too and fro from the post office as well as wrapping

I stopped using the PO because of their parcel size restrictions,  I've been using Yodel through the Parcel2go website. 

You are able to send packages that are less than 1 meter in size at no extra cost. As long as you pay the correct weight. 1kg is £2.70  2kg is £3.70.   Really handy for bulkier items.

Drop the parcel at the nearest Collection Point shop and that's it. My drop off is 600m trip and is open till 11pm.

2 hours ago, mooG60 said:

I stopped using the PO because of their parcel size restrictions,  I've been using Yodel through the Parcel2go website. 

You are able to send packages that are less than 1 meter in size at no extra cost. As long as you pay the correct weight. 1kg is £2.70  2kg is £3.70.   Really handy for bulkier items.

Drop the parcel at the nearest Collection Point shop and that's it. My drop off is 600m trip and is open till 11pm.

Our Evri couriers have always been good, however that’s not the case with all. I’ve had no complaints with postage costs and it’s the buyer that pays 

I might try yodel for cheaper stuff though

3 hours ago, Dox said:

I might try yodel for cheaper stuff though

I've had 3 parcels lost (800 sent) which were down to porch pirates or dishonest buyers. Insurance covers any issue that happen.  The larger items I sell would have to go through parcel force which stops me being competitive.  It has been a life saver really, especially not having to go to the PO and getting a knock back for being 1 mm over.

Evri is the cheapest when booking through parcel2go with yodel a close second. It's the 1 meter box size that is winner, it may work when selecting Evri too,  will test later.

I bought something before Xmas, Evri lost it, seller got no compensation due to late claim - for being patient in busy times (postal strike etc) and their lack of communication 

It was noted on their system as missing too

APC aren’t too bad price wise and not had a problem with corrado stuff going missing once sent. 

I'd not heard of them until a package from AVS was dropped by them.  I will give anyone a try now to avoid the PO Mafia!

I have been selling stuff too - all my mk2 and mk3 bits. Audioscapes were the main bulky item, I did add my own tax on those but they were brand new/never fitted. It was pretty addictive, especially taking advantage on the 80% off selling fees on ebay. Some things were collected which is even better. I just have mk2 specific bolts to sell on now but am having a break from it for now. I have been using Parcel Force and the PO but will take a look at other options mentioned aboce in future. Still have corrado bits but feels good to clear out unwanted stuff.

Sign up for Parcel2go and it will give you many options, cheaper than going direct to the carriers. The 1 meter parcel size is great for light but larger items.  I used to use Interparcel but switched when I found P2G's better prices and options.

The 80% deal is a winner and a no brainer, I didn't cotton on for a long time and just listed things as and when. Sill really, I hate to to imagine how much I lost in charges.